Can I trust Benchmade?

Fair to your point it might be over dramatic, I do tend to get passionate about these things expressione that we spend a lot of money on. It's not exactly like these are $5 gas station blades. So when that happens I think I have a lot of motion Lee invested into a company that I want to support and have succeed.

While yes I ultimately have written off benchmade for making any purchases in the near future I truly do want to communicate the reasons why being on a level that I just don't trust they match my values or that I'll get what I'm told I'm paying for.

Benchmade is active when promoting the newest model for sale, they also need to be active in dealing with issues. I'm hoping they will, but I'm out till then.
Nothing wrong with being passionate, but you're implying that Benchmade is untrustworthy, which is an entirely different and completely baseless accusation. You may disagree with their actions and decisions, but they have not in any way been deceptive concerning said actions. If you're going to question their integrity, as you do in the title of your post, I think you absolutely need to justify it. I think it's totally valid and constructive to express that you're unhappy with the direction a company is going and making sure that they know you'll be voting with your wallet, but your implication with this thread goes beyond that.

Sounds like BM made exactly what they advertised. As for the rest of the issues people constantly complain about, i haven't really experienced them.
To be fair they didn't specify the hrc in the video they did nor the product page on the website. Nor did they specify it would be easy to sharpen in the field. Or that it would roll easy and not have good edge retention. I mean, no one would likely advertise those things. Maybe that's why they didn't mention it? But that then causes an issue with buyers who are getting these and actually using them for the intended purposes.

To be fair they didn't specify the hrc in the video they did nor the product page on the website. Nor did they specify it would be easy to sharpen in the field. Or that it would roll easy and not have good edge retention. I mean, no one would likely advertise those things. Maybe that's why they didn't mention it? But that then causes an issue with buyers who are getting these and actually using them for the intended purposes.
Well, if people buy things without knowing what they are getting, based solely on marketing and ad copy, that is their own fault. Remember zts talk tough marketing that people complained about? I don't feel sorry for folks who think their knife is going to be as tough as a tank.

The info is out now, as per bm. Buy if you like or don't. Simple.

Last edited:
Well, if people buy things without knowing what they are getting, based solely on marketing and ad copy, that is their own fault. Remember zts tank tough marketing that people complained about? I don't feel sorry for folks who think their knife is going to be as tough as a tank.

The info is out now, as per bm. Buy if you like or don't. Simple.
Yea I mean exactly. And that's what the other thread is for, to bring to light what the performance is about. This thread I agree isn't idea. But take into consideration people's feelings. Drama revolving around politics and now this. Also alot of enthusiast are pretty upset with higher end steels not performing as well as the base steels and paying premium prices for them. It all adds up and people want to vent. Granted this was done poorly here.

I trust benchmade as much as I trust any large company. They will do right by their customers as long as they can sell their product. Theres no denying that they’ve been in the spotlight for some “controversial” things lately, but I’m not sure if this makes them a bad brand. I personally own and enjoy a lot of benchmade knives, and will probably buy some more, as long as they appeal to me and only that. Do I know a lot about knives? Absolutely not. Will I buy the knives they promise will be great? Absolutely not. I will buy what I think is cool and will work well, and that’s basically putting trust in my own judgement of a particular knife from any company. So I guess if you care for my opinion I would say trust yourself in buying any knife that YOU like/think will perform up to par. As always, ymmv :cool:

Benchmade is a great American company, and I’ve spoken with numerous folks there who are totally pro 2nd Amendment. They make great products and stand behind them. On the rare occasion that something can’t be fixed they go way above and beyond to make customers whole.

I’ve been buying Benchmade knives for 25+ years (and have had Benchmade service many for me in that time) and I’d challenge anyone to find another knife company that offers such a high level of service. No one gets it right every time, but Benchmade does damn well in my book.

I do like your thinking. It suits how i think, nice and simple. " If i like whatever knife i'm using and it is doing what i want it to do, it's all good". What does POS mean, not heard this before?

Suggesting someone is off their meds is an insult whether you think so or not.

As is the following:

Did you know there is a boogie man under your bed and the sky is falling?

You are displaying a degree of chutzpah that shouldn't be possible. If you can dish it out, at least be man enough to take it without resorting to SJW-tier pseudomoralizing.

You are displaying a degree of chutzpah that shouldn't be possible. If you can dish it out, at least be man enough to take it without resorting to SJW-tier pseudomoralizing.
Let me quote this for you, apparently you missed it the first time.

Enough with the insults.
Address the question, not other posters.

Sure you can trust them, in a bad way.
They more than double billed my credit card without my permission.
Until I caught them.
And yes I could show you the statements. Shady.

Last edited:
I’d challenge anyone to find another knife company that offers such a high level of service. No one gets it right every time, but Benchmade does damn well in my book.

Buck customer service is at least as good if not better.

I only own Benchmade Triage knives. But have no issues with any of them.

The court ordered the guns destroyed. Benchmade helped their community.

It doesn’t mean they are anti gun. There are literally 100’s of American companies out there that are vehemently anti gun. Benchmade is not one of them.

Or just a simple error?

No.
Not a simple error. Intentional.
Torri the customer service mgr does not make simple errors.
In addition to unauthorized use of my credit card she attempted to charge me sales tax in Oregon State where there is none when I was there to pick up the product in person!

Probably just a simple error that after I called Torri and another mgr (?) out on the unauthorized use of my credit card and told the other person he was 'just shining me on' that the 'New Benchmade' blocked my phone number! That's so juvenile it's funny.

No.
Not a simple error. Intentional.
Torri the customer service mgr does not make simple errors.
In addition to unauthorized use of my credit card she attempted to charge me sales tax in Oregon State where there is none when I was there to pick up the product in person!

People often "see" malicious intent, when it's highly doubtful. Seriously, think about it, what sounds more reasonable, a mistake, or an actual deliberate planned attempt to steal just from you that day, when you used a method of payment that has a record of who, what and where something was purchased.

Since I have a copy of every email and phone call since 7/2010 I know what was told me and what was done. Even attempting to charge me sales tax in Oregon State is wrong.
Definitely intentional. And their actions after the fact further confirm it.
You sound like a fanboy?

Since I have a copy of every email and phone call since 7/2010 I know what was told me and what was done. Even attempting to charge me sales tax in Oregon State is wrong.
Definitely intentional. And their actions after the fact further confirm it.
You sound like a fanboy?
You have copies of phone calls?

That is bs to try and charge sales tax. I lived in Or for 28 years and that was never a thing.

Might want to avoid the name calling and personal discussion as the mods have advised several times.

Back