Can I trust Benchmade?

^
500-2.jpg

You have copies of phone calls?

That is bs to try and charge sales tax. I lived in Or for 28 years and that was never a thing.

Might want to avoid the name calling and personal discussion as the mods have advised several times.

Yes, phone calls. How could you ever have too much documentation ever, even if you never use? It doesn't cost anything.

Is the use of: fanboy?, codpiece and shady name calling?
Shady is a statement of fact.
Fanboy? a question.
Codpiece was used as a description.
That's very mild name calling if at all.

Now if I had used the word lying and backed it up with a certified audio record would that be name calling or do I have to be like a politician and never tell the truth?

Yes, phone calls. How could you ever have too much documentation ever, even if you never use? It doesn't cost anything.

Is the use of: fanboy?, codpiece and shady name calling?
Shady is a statement of fact.
Fanboy? a question.
Codpiece was used as a description.
That's very mild name calling if at all.

Now if I had used the word lying and backed it up with a certified audio record would that be name calling or do I have to be like a politician and never tell the truth?
So you record phone calls? That's interesting. Seriously. Not making fun.

And the rest was just some advice. Take it or leave it.

Excuse the lumping together.
Don't care if you describe a knife company's business practices as "shady"
Do care if you "dis" another poster.

State your opinion on the question, not your opinion of another poster.

Excuse the lumping together.
Don't care if you describe a knife company's business practices as "shady"
Do care if you "dis" another poster.

State your opinion on the question, not your opinion of another poster.
I understand what your saying.
It kind of bothered me when someone jumped in defending BM and not being in possession of the facts. I have 346 Benchmades, no barrages or grips. If we lowball and value each at $150. We're talking $60k. If they had called and said there was an error but it's corrected I could understand that. It went from Warranty to $80. I said ok. Then it went to $175.84. With NO notice ! Then BM attempted to block my phone number! That's shady 3 times!!!

Last edited:
I understand what your saying.
It kind of bothered me when someone jumped in defending BM and not being in possession of the facts. I have 346 Benchmades, no barrages or grips. If we lowball and value each at $150. We're talking $60k. If they had called and said there was an error but it's corrected I could understand that. It went from Warranty to $80. I said ok. Then it went to $175.84. With NO notice ! Then BM attempted to block my phone number! That's shady 3 times!!!

i know, all kinds of shady stuff going on. there was a gentleman a little while back trying to sell off ~20 benchmades elsewhere as a lot without any pictures or even a complete list of what was included in the lot. asking 3000 for em sight unseen. can’t remember what his handle was but it seems like i’ve seen it recently......

wait, that’s right. ill shut up. sorry

Last edited:
i know, all kinds of shady stuff going on. there was a gentleman a little while back trying to sell off ~20 benchmades elsewhere a little while back as a lot without any pictures or even a complete list of what was included in the lot. asking 3000 for em sight unseen. can’t remember what his handle was but it seems like i’ve seen it recently......

You are talking about me.
With the same user name.

Mrfields I see you don't use the same user name on the BM forum.

Nothing SHADY about offering 20 new benchmades, no grips or barrages or any that sell for less than $180 each on the web. Best Web prices were just over $4.1k. I was asking $100 per knife so that would be $2,000. Not $3,000.
Nothing shady, if you were interested you should have reached out to me and gotten all the pics you wanted and then some.
I also posted it for LOCAL sale, could have met anywhere, even the police station. I don't like paypal.

Now we all have the real story.
Regards, Pete

Last edited:
sorry, didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers. just wanted to point out how something can look shady to one person & seem a ok to someone else. i’m sure you’re an honest & upright individual. just like i’m sure that benchmade didn’t try to double charge you on purpose. mistakes do happen. especially with a company as large as benchmade.

So you own $60k in Benchmade knives and they decided to rip you off intentionally for $80....? Just take a step back and think about that for a bit.
You forgot the part about attempting to block my phone number and email. Also they have no idea as to how many BMs I own.
IT'S THE NEW BENCHMADE

Last edited:
sorry, didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers. just wanted to point out how something can look shady to one person & seem a ok to someone else. i’m sure you’re an honest & upright individual. just like i’m sure that benchmade didn’t try to double charge you on purpose. mistakes do happen. especially with a company as large as benchmade.
That seems completely different than your first post where you left out information and exaggerated other info.
Always love those 1-2AM posts:)

Lol, $60K. These Benchmade freakout threads really are getting extraordinary.
Just because you don't know me or what I do don't make it so. What I mean is just because you don't know what I'm talking about doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
Could I get your opinion on the value of a 760LFTi fine edge NIB?
The majority of my BMs are Benchmades not The New Benchmade.
Regards and thanks in advance for your opinion on the 760LFTi. I'm not offering anything for sale.

No feathers here.
No, you missed stated several key points and implied I was shady.

According to Manta KAI USA is aprox 2.5 times the size of New BM.

As for BM: please tell me so I can understand too, how it goes from a warranty repair to $80 and then from $80 to $175.84 without my knowledge or notification. I had to call my credit card to get the real story on what was billed.
Regards

Just because you don't know me or what I do don't make it so. What I mean is just because you don't know what I'm talking about doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
Could I get your opinion on the value of a 760LFTi fine edge NIB?
The majority of my BMs are Benchmades not The New Benchmade.
Regards and thanks in advance for your opinion on the 760LFTi. I'm not offering anything for sale.

Yeah, I definitely don't know what you're talking about. On that we can altogether agree.

Back