Can opener pics

EuMPACc.jpg

How do you like this model? I was thinking of picking one up but haven't yet. Right now, when I feel like something similar I carry my OHT or LM Crater.

Which ever one you choose, make sure it works in SHTF situations, right? Just in case....

Last edited:
How do you like this model? I was thinking of picking one up but haven't yet. Right now, when I feel like something similar I carry my OHT or LM Crater.

I've only had it for a few days now, and I'm really liking it. Everything is one hand accessible. One thing to note, the back springs are considerably weaker than the springs on a SAK, probably due to being one hand operational. Also, both tools have half-stops.

If you're ok with the limited tools compared to many other SAKs and want G10 scales, a pocket clip, and a one hand opening blade, this is a fantastic tool! I'm hoping to see more variations in the future, but I'm happy with it as-is.

The can opener is pretty much obsolete these days as most cans come with the lid opening thing. It’s definitely a good addition to multitool in wilderness setting, but for everyday tasks I really don’t see any use.

I left for work in a hurry one day last week, thru a can of beans with a pull tab in my lunch box, got ready to eat lunch and the pull tab broke off when I was trying to open the can. I carry a Leatherman ST300 in my lunch box so I had to use the can opener to eat my beans. I always say better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Back