Can somebody help identify an older Busse?

I can't find any old emails about it, nor how much I paid for it, but I think I bought it a little less than 10 years ago. Can anybody help identify it? I found some website (Bussecollector.com) but I couldn't exactly identify this knife by its specs. ANY and all help would be deeply appreciated.

Here are the approximate specs to the best of my measuring capabilities;

Blade length: 7 3/16"
Overall length: 12.75"
Blade height: 1 7/8"
Blade width: 3/16"
Knife weight: 17.25 oz.
Blade is coated and has a swedge and largish choil
Greenish micarta handle

Argggh, I can't figure out a way to post a pic. When I click on the "Media Gallery embed" tab, it doesn't make my photos pop up so that I can attach one.

Also, is there any source for guesstimating what this knife might be worth other than Ebay completed sales??? Sorry, it's been forever since I've been on this forum.

Thanks!!!

Definitely not a Team Gemini.
INFIhog, I can't find your email address.
Mine is gotoran@gmail.com, although I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting it.
And don't you guys abuse it!! :D

Sounds like a Sarsquash. Just google Busse Sarsquash and the pics will prob match. Certainly a number of people around here would be interested in that blade, myself included, or just use the hell out of it :).

As for pricing. If you upgrade your Bladeforums account to gold status you can request pricing right here in this thread and a number of people will chime in.

Pics added

SAM_2728.JPG

SAM_2730.JPG

SAM_2731.JPG

SAM_2741.JPG

You need gold membership or higher to ask about price but a good google should help

Sounds like a Sarsquash. Just google Busse Sarsquash and the pics will prob match. Certainly a number of people around here would be interested in that blade, myself included, or just use the hell out of it :).

As for pricing. If you upgrade your Bladeforums account to gold status you can request pricing right here in this thread and a number of people will chime in.

Methinks that would be a prudent idea. Will do so shortly. Argghhhhhhh.....I kept googling SaSquatch instead of SaRsquatch. It sure appears to be a Sarsquatch to me, except that somebody posted on another forum a long time ago that the blade thickness was 1 13/16th", which is ridiculous.

Just paid! I can't thank you all enough. Deeply appreciated. Any idea how I post pics. Just hit "Upload A File"?
It'll also come with a gorgeous custom Rainmaker sheath.
Like I said, absolutely no idea what the combo is worth.
DAMN, I probably should have sold my Bushwacker Mistress Competition Finish HERE instead of Ebay a few weeks ago. No idea what that one was worth either. :(

Hi Marvin,

I don't remember exactly but the original retail price was probably something like $287? ish It looks like the average selling price currently has been around $400. $380,$399,$415,$425 in the past year or so. Don't know if there was some negotiation below that, but those are the numbers that remain on the sales threads. You can check out the

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/busse-swamprat-scrapyard-knives-for-sale.804/

and use the search function. also, this will be the place to post when you sell it.

Most of those blades were either competition finish or stripped. Which some people like better and some don't. Yours is very nice so ultimately it's just a judgment call on how much you want for it.

There were a couple of nice ones with much higher asking prices, but it doesn't look like they sold, though they may have somewhere else down the line.

Good luck,

Hope to get a shot at it when it finally makes it to the exchange.

What a conundrum.....

I really have no idea what the market would bear in new unused condition and with a custom Rainmaker sheath, so is it not logical to just put it on the Bay?
The only thing that sucks is the fees that the Bay charges.
Does this site charge any fees upon the sale of a knife? I couldn't find anything that indicates it.

nope. no extra fees here. unless you count paypal goods and services. Some here will use friends and family (or send a money order), as many here are friends, however there are less protections that way if something does happen.

Back