Can someone PLEASE Identify the maker of this knife????

Anyone have any idea who made this knife? The hallmark is BB with a sword between the letters. Thank you for your help!

127.JPG 128.JPG

" BucknBear Tactical Tanto Tracker D2 Steel "
We cannot post links, I believe, so just google the whole name between the quotations and G will find it for you,
it'll be second entry from the top down.
Looks like Chinese manufactured knives to me but I could be mistaking...

We cannot post links, I believe, so just google the whole name between the quotations and G will find it for you,

BucknBear Knives was created in 2016 by third generation knife maker Atif Shabbir.
I don't think it's Chinese. ;)

All right, so I fell down one of those Internet rabbit holes.

According to a not-so-sketchy source, they are indeed based in New Holland, PA. There's nothing to indicate that they produce everything in-house, but there's nothing to indicate that they don't. The not-so-sketchy source that I found opines that much of their inventory is imported from Pakistan (as Knarfeng gently implied), and they (BnB) told this same blogger that they have QC people "who maintain a high standard throughout the entire process of production".

Is it an AISI or SAE standard? We will probably never know.

Much of the inventory on their website looks like the same thing you will find on DeBay, or Ali's Express overseas wholesale site. Their promo video even includes footage of a knife that is not listed anywhere else on the site.

My guess is that they import 99% of their stuff, and stamp it with their trademark. It's possible that their "custom" pieces are made in-house, by holding them against a belt grinder until they achieve the required shape.

Knives like this are almost universally scoffed at, here on BF. This isn't the thread to list why that is (I'm pretty far off-topic, already), but I felt that the OP should be aware of the fact that BucknBear does not seem to be very transparent about their products.

Last edited:

Made In Pakistan, I've heard they're better than the infamous flea market knives we all know from Pakistan but that's not saying a lot.

I remember a few months back, Knifecenter announced very publicly on instagram that they were dropping this brand because of their business practices. I've seen them marketing a microtech clone lately too.

And?...

They’re in this to sell knives. If something makes the product they’re selling sound sketchy, think they’ll post that? :rolleyes:

Stay away from B&B and Pakistan made knives in general. Too much bs. They don't make knives they make image/art but don't care about actual function.

Do you intend to buy it ? Simple answer : stay away ! The negative signs are all flashing. Is it already yours ? Use the heck out of it (if it's actually usable...), it could be a good surprise, on one level or another (trying to be positive here).

I received it from a bulk purchase of knives. It looks like a good solid knife but only long term use will really tell. I'm looking to sell it eventually. Thanks for the information everyone! Greatly appreciated!

Back