Can this work? For Delica 4

I want to get a Delica 4 but they don't have it in the color red. So I was thinking about buying the red Delica 4 trainer knife and taking it apart and using its red FRN on a regular Delica 4. Is it possible to do this?

Last edited:
I want to get a Delica 4 but they don't have it in the color red. So I was thinking about buying the red Delica 4 trainer knife and taking it apart and using its red G10 on a regular Delica 4. Is it possible to do this?

I don't see why not, but beware backlocks are a pain to reassemble. And FYI it's FRN, not G10.

You could also purchase an orange delica and RIT dye the scales ;)
Then again, it's not a bad idea to have some folding trainers...

Yes it can. My two sons both have a small collection and one likes Blue while the other likes Red (they have Blue and Red Skylines as well - I typically get Orange so we all have the same knife in distinguishable colors), but when I looked into getting a Delica, there were only Red trainers. I bought a waved-trainer and a standard Delica 4 (I don't even remember the color) and swapped scales only (keep the liners with the lock/blade), and it worked out perfectly. If you want to sell the trainer later, get the Delica in a color that is popular and a waved trainer (as it seems like more folks are willing to purchase a waved trainer than a regular Delica trainer).

DSCN7037.jpg

DSCN7032.jpg

Back