Can we please see another G-10 sprint Endura and Delica?

we're working on the pair, but have been having some difficulties selecting the steel for the runs.

sal

HAP40 would be great, but I'll go out on a limb and predict that whatever gets chosen will sell like hot cakes.

we're working on the pair, but have been having some difficulties selecting the steel for the runs.

sal

Hey Sal,

Don't over think the steel! I'm sure most of us will be pleased no matter what. With that said, I would like to see some more high carbon and tool steels. The 52100 Military and M4 sprints coming out have me excited. Anything that takes a nice patina would be cool. I think we live in a day and age where the "super steels" and higher end stainless are getting so good and so close in performance that it's getting a bit.... boring? Seems to me that things like Super Blue, M4, Hap40 and so forth sell like hotcakes. Food for thought sir ~

sal

I love HAP40, that steel is probably my new favorite. Alternatively, you've been thinking about Shirogami-1, right? I think that would be awesome, too.

Vg10 with g10, thats a good combo. The endura/delica 10 sprint run. G10 in brown, orange, blue, red or dark green.

sal

Make mine either M390 or S10V :D I missed out on the other G-10 Endura but I won't miss this one. But yeah please put a really top notch blade steel in the G-10 Endura.

I also think a really nice color of G-10 would be appealing as well ;)

sal

Thank you, Sal. I will keep my eyes peeled.

For your consideration, I would suggest doing multiple sprint runs on a stable frequency. Maybe each one could have a different steel or G10 color. They sell fast, are popular with the collectors, and are attractive to people like me who enjoy your "grip guard" G-10 on backlock folders.

The previous suggestions are great, but I sure would like to purchase a few with the wave feature...favorites of first responders and lots of ordinary folks like myself. I'll take any good steel but have seen enough of S30V and S35VN for a while.
Thanks for thinking of us, Sal.
:)

+1 for ZDP-189,, really like that edge retention.

Regards,
FK

I'm not much for suggesting how you proceed.. on most of these threads.. lol..

I'm going to in this one tho..

After getting hands on a Native 5 sprint, in peel ply CF and s110v steel.. I bought a second one!

Does it have to be the same steel.. nope..
But I sure would like to see a Delica and Endura in peel ply CF!

It would keep with the N5 and lean ppl(me) towards a CF collection..
(I'm a rock lobster shy of finishing my Foliage collection) I need something to go after next! Haha...

Honestly, I'd love to see it just as a regular production model. Forget the sprint run all together. Delica and Endura with G10 scales of varying colors (orange for mine please!) and VG10 blades, with street pricing around the $80-85 mark would be fantastic and probably make Benchmade cry a little. I figure a $20-25 price bump for the premium materials would probably cover the upgrade. I'd definitely buy one.

oh man oh man, I'm starting a piggy bank for these! lol

yeah, ZPD-189 would be a fine choice, but even with VG-10 I'll be all over those!!!

Oh Oh, the light gray G10 like on the Caly sprints and the manbug is very pleasing I must say ;)

Last edited:
G-10 with VG-10 both Endura and Delica that would be great. I can't get my wallet out quick enough.

I have been waiting. I seem to remember that the G10 Sal mentioned is going to be some shade of blue. That is exciting. I am past ready.

An Endurance 4 with G10 scales and a good carbon steel (Supr Blue, M4, or one of those other wonderful Japanese formulas) would be a stellar combination.

I think we live in a day and age where the "super steels" and higher end stainless are getting so good and so close in performance that it's getting a bit.... boring? Seems to me that things like Super Blue, M4, Hap40 and so forth sell like hotcakes. Food for thought sir ~

I don't call it "boring", I call it "tedious" - my opinion, of course. I still regularly use my old carbon steel U.S. Schrades, and not much comes close to their simplicity and ease of use these days. Watching the patina form from good, hard use is one of my favorite rituals, and working with my quality carbon steel tools (old European chef's knives and Japanese chisels) is one of my simple pleasures in life.

I have nothing against the new "super steels", but they just don't have the same 'spirit', if that makes sense. I'll live happily ever after with my carbon steel stuff 'til my walk on this earth is done.

~Chris

Back