Can't search

Is that the same reason that "Find all posts by ..." no longer works?

Does that sound like it'd be a way to search, perhaps?

The search function has never worked well any way...no loss.

I can't help but wonder why they continue to let the Busse ganza thing go on when it seems to cause problems. It's not like Busse doesn't have his own site....

Yeah! all those pesky Gold and Platinum paying members,damn inconsiderate of them slowing down the cheapa$$ freeloaders for an hour every 3 months.:yawn::yawn::yawn:

I am seeing the same error when I try this one.

Also, the New Posts command that was on the upper blue bar is gone.

Those are both forms of searching, only with predetermined arguments set by the server. Pay and you'll most likely get them back. Otherwise, becoming more proficient with google is always a useful skill ;)

for $10, $20, or $30, this website is the best deal anywhere. those who wish to visit here regularly should PAY. roland

Those are both forms of searching, only with predetermined arguments set by the server. Pay and you'll most likely get them back. Otherwise, becoming more proficient with google is always a useful skill ;)

Hey, I was not complaining. Just making a comment.

I noticed you are also a "Registered User" :D Google will work for me for the short term. I have been winding down on my BF usage anyway.

Nick-nack: yeah, it sux (actually worse than that; since you're in Oz you'd have to pay more than $10). When we can get some money together we'll get some new hardware and then we'll be able to restore search for everybody, but getting enough money together is likely to take a while. :grumpy:

My Platinum subscription runs out tomorrow... I plan on renewing for the same... :) 50 bucks comin' atcha... Well, actually to Spark, or BF.com... You know what I mean... How much additional for the troll hunting license this year? ;);) :D

...I can't help but wonder why they continue to let the Busse ganza thing go on when it seems to cause problems. It's not like Busse doesn't have his own site....

Jaxx
(...AKA: Another pesky Busse forumite & 'Ganza participant'... Right, kuribo? :rolleyes:)

Ok after a day of frustrating forum use Ive decided that Ill be adding some funds to my account to get the basic membership.
So...

Edit- Can I pay with paypal?

No (they are antis). You can pay by credit/debit card or by money order. Click on "Upgrade your forums experience, and help support this site" at the top of the page for details.

I had some intentions of doing this for a while, so I guess this sort of put me over the edge, I bought a BASIC membership- now for the primary purpose of searching my old posts. Hopefully the forum experience will be faster. Guess I'm going to have to take advantage of as many features as possible to make the $10 go as far as possible:)

Click on the link and read the directions. You can pay by credit/debit card or by money order.

If you are really lucky; you will get your own custom title that goes along with your membership. Usuallly that takes extra effort however.

Yeah! all those pesky Gold and Platinum paying members,damn inconsiderate of them slowing down the cheapa$$ freeloaders for an hour every 3 months.:yawn::yawn::yawn:

You don't just shut the site down for the "freeloaders", you shut it down for everyone. Oh, maybe you didn't realize that not everyone on BF is trying to buy Busse knives.

(...AKA: Another pesky Busse forumite & 'Ganza participant'... Right, kuribo? :rolleyes:)

I wouldn't use the work "pesky", but something more like inconsiderate, self-centered, selfish....Yeah, something like that....

When we can get some money together we'll get some new hardware and then we'll be able to restore search for everybody, but getting enough money together is likely to take a while. :grumpy:

Not trying to stir the pot, just putting in an opinion...as a vet, I fought for my right to an opinion and freedom of speech so I am going to say it since it is my right.

I contribute to 3 bowhunting forums. I do so NOT BECAUSE I AM ASKED OR CERTAIN PRIVILEGES WILL BE TAKEN AWAY, but because I want to. Terrabytes have replaced megabytes for server space at the same price as it used to be, fiber optic and T5 lines with nearly unlimited bandwidth have replaced 56K for nearly the same cost as what it once was, I can look up life threatening procedures and illnesses for free...this in part to educate those that are ignorant and want to know more...and yes, Google is powerful, but when I see THOUSANDS of members in a brief look through the millions of posts, then look at the AVATARS and SIGS of so many of them (which BTW are hosted ENTIRELY FREE thanks to PHOTOBUCKET and the like so it costs NOTHING to the forum...just think of the thousands of terrabytes of server space to house all those pics), only to realize that they are paying members or they wouldn't have this feature, a quick mathematical deduction proves that there is literally thousands of dollars being flooded to this server annually which could purchase easily the most elaborate bandwidth needed to keep this forum operating smoothly. Getting new hardware is not simply a flick of a switch...I will give you that, but cost incurred is no-where near a major Fortune 500 expense. Heck, I have GMAIL and get 2,500 MB of FREE storage. Does anyone have a clue as to how many MILLIONS of people have GMAIL for free?

When this forum was started in 1998 (?), with a COMMON INTEREST and desire for a community, I shudder to think that there was a COST benefit brewing in the mind of the forum owner. Common interests take care of themselves in the long run...people see a good thing and want to keep it going, and just for the record, the vast majority of any forum member does not make a contribution nor is that person ever asked to do so under the pretense that certain privileges will be relinquished. At least I have never found a forum that does so and I have registered with and viewed THOUSANDS of forums. I looked and found that there are over 100,000 members...definitely a lot of server bandwidth at any time. I can safely say that it would appear that 1% give of their money annually which would provide at a minimum 10K a year...I am certain that number is far greater but use it for argument sake. The most ever online was a tad over 2000 in June this year. Go ahead and calculate the needed bandwidth to accommodate 2000 members and set a throttle at, say, 300 MB/sec for most high speed users and you will find that a T5 line, heck even a T1 or T3 for that matter, could easily take care of such a volume...yes for less than what this forum is bringing in annually. Call me a freeloader...I am cool with that since anytime I google search ANYTHING I am "freeloading" for information although I would consider it to be ASPIRING...you know...when you want to further yourself in knowledge as a human being? I guess that is the power of the worldwide web, but when I have something taken away only to be given it back upon compensation, that is really EXTORTION, albeit on a small scale, but extortion none-the-less. I will continue to contribute to the forums that I feel deserve it, but when resources are not being utilized as far as I see it to the maximum they can be and then a call is made to the non-paying members to pony up or you will lose certain rights that can be had on any other forum out there for the price of free registration, I am sorry but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. The money is not the issue, my posh annual wage is of no concern to any but I am not a cheap skate, this is simply a matter of principle.

I can safely say that it would appear that 1% give of their money annually which would provide at a minimum 10K a year...

1% of the users of a website voluntarily donate money, huh? Where did you get that figure?
attachment.php

I am certain that number is far greater but use it for argument sake.

Oh, you're certain the number is greater than 1%!
attachment.php

Call me a freeloader...I am cool with that since anytime I google search ANYTHING I am "freeloading" for information

Oh, I see! Google doesn't sell any advertising! They're not a profit-making business! They just provide you with services because ... um ... because ... :confused:

when I have something taken away only to be given it back upon compensation, that is really EXTORTION, albeit on a small scale, but extortion none-the-less

Well. Evidently it wasn't a good idea to provide you with anything for free, was it? Unless someone wants to make a life-long commitment to continue providing you with that free service, for fear of being labeled an extortionist. Yup, we'd better flee the country now ... extortion is a serious crime ...
attachment.php

Back