Can't search

Who are you to tell me what I have or have not decided? Where in my post did I claim that the 'Ganzaaa's are a "reasonable" inconvenience"?

It is very simple: The Busse Ganzas disrupt this web site which results in the loss of access to all members. That is a fact that you have acknowledged. Now, you either think that is ok or not ok. By participating you are implicitly approving of this disruption. So it follows that you think it is ok to disrupt service to all members for what is clearly the sole benefit of those participating in the Busse sale and of no advantage to anyone else.

Your comments that "it causes less than an hour's interruption to the site every few months" are attempts to rationalize this disruption by trivializing the duration and frequency of the disruption with the inference that such disruption is reasonable. You must either think the disruption is reasonable or unreasonable. If you participate, it follows that you view it as reasonable. This is simple logic....

What is the term generally used when someone or some group is concerned chiefly or only with themselves and their advantage to the exclusion of others? That would be S_E_L_F_I_S_H

Your comment that "I just participate" and "as long as Spark allows it" are transparent attempts to shift blame and responsibility for this self-centered behavior and do nothing to change the simple fact that these ganzas shut down the forum (fact), prohibit paying members from their rights to access (fact) for the sole benefit of the Busse crowd (fact).

Instead of attacking me and playing the victim (you are being judged, I write negative posts, etc.) why don't you address the issue and explain why the ganza events which disrupt the forum and benefit only Busse fans are not selfish? And if you can, why Busse, despite having their own forum, continues to use this one despite knowing it is disruptive?

You can have the last word. I have made my opinion known and I am not going to debate with someone who won't address the issues.

It is very simple: The Busse Ganzas disrupt this web site which results in the loss of access to all members. That is a fact that you have acknowledged. Now, you either think that is ok or not ok. By participating you are implicitly approving of this disruption. So it follows that you think it is ok to disrupt service to all members for what is clearly the sole benefit of those participating in the Busse sale and of no advantage to anyone else.

Your comments that "it causes less than an hour's interruption to the site every few months" are attempts to rationalize this disruption by trivializing the duration and frequency of the disruption with the inference that such disruption is reasonable. You must either think the disruption is reasonable or unreasonable. If you participate, it follows that you view it as reasonable. This is simple logic....

What is the term generally used when someone or some group is concerned chiefly or only with themselves and their advantage to the exclusion of others? That would be S_E_L_F_I_S_H

Your comment that "I just participate" and "as long as Spark allows it" are transparent attempts to shift blame and responsibility for this self-centered behavior and do nothing to change the simple fact that these ganzas shut down the forum (fact), prohibit paying members from their rights to access (fact) for the sole benefit of the Busse crowd (fact).

Instead of attacking me and playing the victim (you are being judged, I write negative posts, etc.) why don't you address the issue and explain why the ganza events which disrupt the forum and benefit only Busse fans are not selfish? And if you can, why Busse, despite having their own forum, continues to use this one despite knowing it is disruptive?

You can have the last word. I have made my opinion known and I am not going to debate with someone who won't address the issues.

Why are you still posting here? Does this look like the Whine & Cheese forum to you? If you want to continue, take it there. ...Looks like you insist on the last word, but yet refuse to take it to the proper forum. Keep on judging, if it makes you feel better & superior. :barf:
Whatever, man. :yawn::yawn:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Still unbelievable.

Any member that is paying nothing to help support this forum, that wants to cry about losing some of the forum functions, will get no sympathy from me. Be happy with what you get and quit your whining. It's pathetic.

Okay can someone give me the breakdown on why a Ganza would cause slowdowns or shutdowns? Is it just a lot of people posting at once? Actually Jaxx can you explain the Ganza thing to me? I know I'm OT but this horse is well past beat to death anyway.:eek:

Since I've already mentioned this prior to the heat; it would be spineless for me to slink away now. I support kuribo in this matter. It did shut down the site for at least half an hour, perhaps more. Setting up an event that is guaranteed to overload the forum is rather annoying at the very least.

As you can see from this thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518271

This forum bog down is a known issue, yet it still is planned. Decide for yourselves if it is selfish or not. A simple solution would be to simply post a cut off time to send the email request as seen as the "emergency back up plan" outlined below.

EMERGENCY BACK-UP Plan!!!!!. . . If the forums shut down and I am unable to post, or you can not get on to see whether or not the "GO" Button has been posted, we are implementing an emergency back-up plan that consists of an automatic "GO" at 9:55 pm Eastern!

BTW I participated in the most recent Ganzaa. I didn't hit F5 at all; and still got everything I had hoped for.

Okay can someone give me the breakdown on why a Ganza would cause slowdowns or shutdowns? Is it just a lot of people posting at once? Actually Jaxx can you explain the Ganza thing to me? I know I'm OT but this horse is well past beat to death anyway.:eek:

Marcelo Cantu, (Happy Birthday, BTW... :thumbup:) Sure. :) A "'Ganzaaa" is when Jerry Busse (Busse Combat Knife Co.) announces that he has certain knives for sale by providing pix of them and announcing a time (i.e. between 9pm & 10pm) and date (i.e. Sat. 12/15/07). The night before, he announces pricing and procedures on how to order by email. When Jerry posts a thread sometime between 9 & 10 of the night of the 'Ganzaaaa that says:
" GO!!....GO!!...GO!!! *****(name changes for each one)*****aGanzaaaa, come & get 'em boys & girls!!"
...You hurriedly send your emails to several of his company addresses... First received, first served, first in has the best chance of scoring when is wanted, etc. The problem is, I imagine, that when you have roughly 120+ people constantly refreshing the BladeForums Busse sub-forum page, I guess that it uses considerable bandwidth, and for most, at some point during that hour, the only thing anyone sees is a 'server busy' notice until the thread is posted and everyone slows the refresh rate... This last time apparently had very popular offerings, and luckily Jerry had amended the usual rules with an automatic "GO" at 9:55pm, which went into effect before he could post his own on a new thread.

See this thread What is an Extravaganza? Compiled by Paddling_man for more info and/or a better explanation. :D

Since I've already mentioned this prior to the heat; it would be spineless for me to slink away now. I support kuribo in this matter. It did shut down the site for at least half an hour, perhaps more. Setting up an event that is guaranteed to overload the forum is rather annoying at the very least.

As you can see from this thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518271

This forum bog down is a known issue, yet it still is planned. Decide for yourselves if it is selfish or not. A simple solution would be to simply post a cut off time to send the email request as seen as the "emergency back up plan" outlined below.

BTW I participated in the most recent Ganzaa. I didn't hit F5 at all; and still got everything I had hoped for.

Ya got lucky, and congrats to you!! :thumbup: Since the Busse home forum was also overloaded, I stopped F5'ing both around a quarter til 10, and prepared for the auto GO. I did get a peak into the BF.com forum at 9:35 for about 2 minutes before the server busy message returned.

Why are you still posting here? Does this look like the Whine & Cheese forum to you? If you want to continue, take it there. ...Looks like you insist on the last word, but yet refuse to take it to the proper forum. Keep on judging, if it makes you feel better & superior. :barf:
Whatever, man. :yawn::yawn:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Still unbelievable.

kuribo is a big fat troll. no matter where he posts, he finds some way to work in a "busse combat sucks" comment.

Let's stop with personal attacks, ok?

Speaking of personal attacks... Ummmm, what's up with your user title???? :eek: LOL :D

I thought it'd be funny. Remember folks, it's only words on a web page. :D

So you did it to yourself?
That makes it that much better.:thumbup::D

kuribo is a big fat troll. no matter where he posts, he finds some way to work in a "busse combat sucks" comment.

It's never "Busse Combat sucks", it is "the Busse fan club sucks", which you have been kind enough to validate again. Get your insults straight please....

It's never "Busse Combat sucks", it is "the Busse fan club sucks", which you have been kind enough to validate again. Get your insults straight please....

STILL haven't found your way to Whine & Cheese yet? ... You mean get YOUR insults straight, right? ...As for his; I believe that he's got your number. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remember folks, it's only words on a web page. :D

Spark, you have a great site here, as well as a mature attitude about the occasional childishness that some demonstrate when they complain. As soon as I can find an easy way to sign up from Japan, I'll do so.:thumbup:

Still stinks that as a non-paying member I lose access to one of the best search engines covering knives I know, or in this case, knew. And it looks like my loss entirely. I've noticed a lot of things lately have become profitable, even in the areas of public access. In the end you simply lose loyal people by this process.

Back