Can't search

A few people here seem to be of the opinion that the search function is a major benefit to the newbies and the forum numbers will suffer if it's not available to them. I would suggest that this is a MUCH smaller issue than some might believe. How many times have you seen questions from newbies that could easily have been found with a simple search even when it WAS available. The fact is, most newbies simply don't use it, or aren't even aware it exists.

I think what people need to do is keep things in perspective. In the larger scheme of things, is the quality of your life really that much worse because you can't use a search function on a forum? Really? I used to use it occasionally, I miss it now that it's gone but, it's gone, s**t happens and I've moved on. When I get my gold membership back after xmas I'll be able to search again. Life goes on.

As other people have said, if you want the features, support the site with a few bucks. If you're getting something for free, enjoy what you've got and don't complain about what you haven't got.

I was just about to get a Gold membership from 1sks.com for international members when I saw this.
"Attention all Non-US customers - Because of extreme levels of international credit card fraud,
We no longer accept credit cards from non-US customers
All non United States orders must be pre-paid with money order or wire transfer."

You are not making this any easier for us...!

1SKS will accept credit cards for BFC memberships, that is the one exception.

The Paypal "plug-in" is only functional in the U.S.A.

I don't feel it's right to charge 30$ for non U.S. members. If it would be just a matter of clicking a paypal link and giving 10 or 20 $ for the site to keep on working it would not be a problem. Now it's a big hassle to get a membership from outside the U.S.

I tried to buy knives from 1sks in the past, but failed because

"International Orders: Due to increasing amounts of international credit card fraud, we can no longer process direct credit card orders from international customers. The only exception to this are orders from Canada."

The money isn't the objection, just the fact that i have to pay trifold to a commercial knifestore that doens't even accept international orders, has been a drawback for me.

You could have a friend here in the States do your purchase for you and ship to you, and you could PP or otherwise repay your friend. I don't have PP or a credit card (strange, I know, but true). I often have friends offer to make eBay and other transactions for me and I repay them with postal money orders. Now, this works unless...you have no friends? There may be a few here who don't, but I believe they would be the exception rather than the rule. For instance, when the recent restriction on search went into effect, one of my friends in Texas used his credit card to pay my gold membership. Yes, he had to pay $30 for me and it isn't an instant transaction, and I will have to pay him back. I guess one just has to decide for themselves what a thing is worth whether it is a knife or unlimited access to the best knife forum on the net worldwide.

Codger

PS- Still waiting for the gold robe to be posted? :)

Sorry about the inconvenience but we don't use paypal, because paypal is an anti-gun company. We don't support anti-gun companies.

As for your CC at 1SKS, we accept international CC's for BFC memberships ONLY.

yes indeed :D

No harm in trying!

Ah good to know spark, i always tought it was sad my money went to other knifeshops, instead of you.

Back