Capt Lopez with his GH World War

Here's the pic of Capt Lopez with his new GH World War Khukuri. Boy, I had a hell of a time getting that AK-47 back through customs, but what a trade! (Just kidding)

lopez.jpg

As for "war stories" using the khukuri, I only have one. Before Capt Lopez dispatched the pig with his new toy (see other thread), I used it on a patrol. We were flagging the route for a new road through the area, and the route took us through dense trees and shrubbs (we accompanied the engineers on the patrol to iron out any Civil Affairs issues that arose as we crossed private land). Used the World War (borrowed from Capt Lopez) to clear a path, but didn't do any real chopping to brag about. Wish I'd had a sirupati for the extra length it'd have provided, but the WW did a better job than the dull machettes that the Army issued us.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Craig,

Great picture! It would be perfect to put on those Tee shirts that say "When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight"!

Looking forward to a few more if you got 'em.

Blackdog

------------------
When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side.......
Sun-Tzu 400 BC

Notice Capt Lopez's "issue" hat. Nothing like American consumer culture to seep into a formerly pro-marxist economy. The pic would make a better Nike commercial, I think.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Back