Cara Cara 2 Modding

Hey there errybody ! Im a proud owner of a byrd cara cara 2 stainless handle version.

I feel that the knife is too damn heavy. Is there a way to open, disassemble it ? I know this would/will void the warranty but Im not worried about that.

Also, if possible in the future, could the byrd hole be changed back to the round spydie hole..
my mental condition cant take the shape and I much more prefer the round shape. Im sure many of us feel the same way.

Nice knife.

No you can't open it, it is peened together. Why do you want to open it? To drill holes in the handle?! Get the G10 version if the weight is such an issue.

The byrd hole will always be bird shaped - it identifies the knife as a Byrd and not a Spyderco.

K.. gonna fill the hole with cement glue and reshape it. Have to make up some way for it to hold.. maybe make a small notch at the front of the hole.

Waving it would be another option..

And maybe drill the handles. Theres a full block of useless steel at the very end which makes it very rear heavy. That part isnt even connected to the spring

I know this turned into tinkering etc. but the idea was to also share my view of the design with spyderco people :D

I'm curious, what made you buy the stainless steel version of the Cara Cara in the first place?

If you like stainless it sounds like you should have saved up and gotten the SS Endura, or really saved up and gotten the Police..

It was the cheapest version available in the store I got it from. Wasnt expecting there to be a solid block of metal in the very end

Back