Caribbean hawkbill

Any plans for one of these in the future? The Caribbean is an excellent knife, and I really like hawkbill blades. I'd love one in LC200N!

Highly doubtful, they have already discontinued one variant of the 4 they came out with and have also scrapped plans for a larger version.

Personally I own a PE leaf model and like it, I cannot possibly see the need for a larger version however.

I won’t be surprised if the Caribbean is fully discontinued for 2020, it does not appear to be a successful model. To be honest, I think the weird scales were a blunder, they don’t look as bad in person but they are definitely not what I would have picked. In reality I bought it more for the steel and size than anything else.

I like my sheepsfoot, thought its right on the upper limit for size in a folder for me. While I can understand the desire to have a larger hawkbill knife, it wouldn't be for me. The good thing is that the LC200n is doing very well, so we will likely see more variety in that corner of what they are doing. Scales wise, I really like them, with use I've found them better than the Para3 I had, though I will admit my usage of the para was limited by many external factors.

I think marketing wise, the caribbeans just got pinched in that release delay. It was probably one of the major factors that prompted the move to the reveal cycle. As for continued production, I don't know the numbers, but I wouldn't be shocked if they just sort of sit in their niche, and are not discontinued, but also not kept in production either. I'm always eager to see where a company and industry goes, so I won't feel too bad if they do get discontinued, as if I ever need to replace it, I'm sure there will be a knife that is a available then that better fits my needs, since with time they evolve as well.

I'd honestly rather have a new H1 (and/or LC200N) SE Spyderhawk sprint in TiCN and Toxic Green FRN. Love my Spyderhawk so much it is the only knife I have a backup of.

Not trying to upset anyone's applecart but I would be all for a Carribean model in a Hawkbill blade. I've tried to convince people that a premium grade Spyderhawk or Harpy should be considered for a lot of reason. I believe if at least one Hawkbill in Spyderco's great line up was a premium grade unit I believe it would change the market for them all together. A Spyderhawk with a G-10 handle and a steel like XHP would be a dream Hawkbill blade for me. And with the top quality handle and lock on the Carribean model I do think the two ideas would go hand in hand. I do believe that Hawkbills are growing in popularity and I do believe that a premium made unit with a serious handle/scales as well as other blade steel selections would make them even more attractive for a lot of different jobs and applications.
I've also been lobbying for the return of a G-10 Harpy for quite a while now especially since a super low level dirt bag stole the one I had been carrying for almost 8 years :mad:

Back