Carlos Border Stamping an How To

Had an order for a sheath with a fancy boarder. Well the serpentine boarder came to mind, I've been wanting to do one since reading Dave's (how to)post. Gave it a shot. Please let me know what I could to do better. First thing that comes to mind is I should have raised up the boarder closer to the rolled lining. One thing not related to the boarder is that I still have a heavy hand when it comes to my stitch groove, seems I always realize its too deep after I groove it.
Thanks, John
vm4ZEdg.jpg

That looks really good John, real good. Yep just a hair higher towards the lining. Ya want that to be the same distance as the rest of the border from the stitching line. Excellent.

Dave, thank you so much for all the education you provide for us.
You mention that you use the antiquing process described in your other post for the border stamping. In your example there you antique a distinguished area, so you don't have to worry about discoloring other parts of the sheath. If I try to apply this method to a border stamped area I always also antique the area around the border unintentionally. Even if I apply a resist I can still see a slightly different color around the border stamps. Is there a hint you can share on how to prevent that?
Thanks.
Andreas

Ya bet, its in the application. I use those foamy brushes to apply. Brush from the outside in to your center, a small area at a time and wipe off right away. Then do another small area. This way you can control where the antique goes. Ths will prevent getting the anitque on your stichng lines or outside of your pattern. Your welcome. Glad its helpful.

Back