"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

On a completely unrelated topic... my wife and I have been watching a new show on the History Channel called "Project Blue Book". It is based on real reports of UFO and the government investigations (or cover-up) of those reports. It's pretty interesting and has a secondary story-line about Russian spies, our nuclear program and the cold war. Anyway, I was talking about UFOs with my Mom on the phone and we both recalled a story that my Dad told us regarding a UFO that he swears he saw over a lake near our house. The whole conversation gave me chills thinking about the possibilities o_O So this morning I was getting the garbage cans ready to go out to the end of the driveway and when I opened the garage door, this is what I saw:

View attachment 1074066

I cannot explain it other than I think there must be some braces under my hood that are in that pattern and the snow/freezing rain started when my engine was still warm. The hood is completely smooth and does not have any ridges in it that would account for this. I haven't been brave enough to open the hood up and inspect! LoL :rolleyes: (The red and green lights are still from my Christmas bulbs that I have in the exterior garage lights)

VERY SINISTER!!!:eek:

Apocalypse, Aliens, Armageddon, Anarchy (more kool) Alienated, Angst:D

Hope your VW Passat is better than my one was from years ago;) Because that one was always going wrong from new A would be for a lot of unrepeatable things:cool: Absolute..... or more often AWOL never wanting to work:thumbsdown:

On the other hand, A means in your case ANOTHER KNIFE :cool::D

VERY SINISTER!!!:eek:

Apocalypse, Aliens, Armageddon, Anarchy (more kool) Alienated, Angst:D

Hope your VW Passat is better than my one was from years ago;) Because that one was always going wrong from new A would be for a lot of unrepeatable things:cool: Absolute..... or more often AWOL never wanting to work:thumbsdown:

On the other hand, A means in your case ANOTHER KNIFE :cool::D
It has been an "OK" car BUT I likely will not buy another one. It has been remarkably meager in cold weather (loses oil pressure) and frequent electrical anomalies. I will have it paid off this year and we'll see what happens then o_O

Sounds like aliens, all right.
im-not-saying-chyalz.jpg

Spent a few hours at the Arkansas Knife Show today. A good time had by all. Had the privilege of meeting and talking with several custom knife makers and a few other purveyors of cutlery. Highlights for me was talking with Bill Ruple, Kurt Swearingen and Luke Swenson. All three fellows were very warm, kind and eager to talk knives. Ruple had just been in Vegas at a show so he only had three knives to sell; a lockback whittler in tortoise shell and two others. The only real test of self discipline was in the form of an outstanding two-blade barlow in Sambar stag made by Luke Swenson. It is a dream of a knife. It was interesting for me personally to learn that Luke is also a retired firefighter (San Antonio).
Anyway Cherri and I managed to exit the show having only purchased a super cool custom leather sheath in which she can carry her red linen micarta bullnose on her side.
Here's a pic of Luke's barlow. I regret not taking better pictures of it. fullsizeoutput_1000.jpeg

Spent a few hours at the Arkansas Knife Show today. A good time had by all. Had the privilege of meeting and talking with several custom knife makers and a few other purveyors of cutlery. Highlights for me was talking with Bill Ruple, Kurt Swearingen and Luke Swenson. All three fellows were very warm, kind and eager to talk knives. Ruple had just been in Vegas at a show so he only had three knives to sell; a lockback whittler in tortoise shell and two others. The only real test of self discipline was in the form of an outstanding two-blade barlow in Sambar stag made by Luke Swenson. It is a dream of a knife. It was interesting for me personally to learn that Luke is also a retired firefighter (San Antonio).
Anyway Cherri and I managed to exit the show having only purchased a super cool custom leather sheath in which she can carry her red linen micarta bullnose on her side.
Here's a pic of Luke's barlow. I regret not taking better pictures of it. View attachment 1074653
Sounds like an interesting time. Glad you had fun.

Here's a pic of Luke's barlow. I regret not taking better pictures of it. View attachment 1074653
Luke's Barlow really looks very nice Dwight . The Stag is a little darker than I like , but the Bolster and the texture of the Stag makes it very desirable to me . I am glad that you enjoyed the day my friend .

Harry

Luke's Barlow really looks very nice Dwight . The Stag is a little darker than I like , but the Bolster and the texture of the Stag makes it very desirable to me . I am glad that you enjoyed the day my friend .
Thanks Harry. It was exceptional. My photo does it a disservice. There was also exquisite file work on the back spring and notice how the spring wraps around and fills the extra space on the secondary well. If I had tarried much longer I'd be poorer for it. But knife richer!!! :D
Here is Cherri's new belt sheath with her bullnose in it.fullsizeoutput_1004.jpeg

Back