"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Thought I'd head over to Carl's Lounge while I ate breakfast this morning, but instead I somehow stumbled into the Audubon Lodge!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::D I'm enjoying all the bird stories and pics! :cool::cool: Gary, I still have that wrestling Woodpeckers photo on my computer from the first time you posted it. ;)

- GT
It was quite an event to happen upon. Never seen anything like it before or after.

P1010147%201.jpg

- love the pics :thumbsup: :cool:

Living in London, we don't often see any Woopeckers, but very occasionally the Greater Spotted pays a visit......they don't stick around for long at all though

DSC_2042.jpg

DSC_2078.jpg

DSC_2064.jpg

- love the pics :thumbsup: :cool:

Living in London, we don't often see any Woopeckers, but very occasionally the Greater Spotted pays a visit......they don't stick around for long at all though

DSC_2042.jpg

DSC_2078.jpg

DSC_2064.jpg
Thanks, Paul.
That's a nice shot of the Great Spotted. We don't see them here.

Ha! I saw The Birds in a theater here. The scene in the park when Tippi Hedren notices that the birds have gathered behind her...
jmOKzql.gif

There was a little laughter in the audience. :rolleyes: "Is that supposed to be scary? It's like that every fall when the grackles roost." :D
I laugh every time I see that movie! I like Mel Brooks's spoof in High Anxiety.

You guys wanna see birds? Come to Austin during Grackle Season!

The grackle's voice is less than mellow,
His heart is black, his eye is yellow,
He bullies more attractive birds
With hoodlum deeds and vulgar words,
And should a human interfere,
Attacks that human in the rear.
I cannot help but deem the grackle
An ornithological debacle.

Ogden Nash

The grackle's voice is less than mellow,
His heart is black, his eye is yellow,
He bullies more attractive birds
With hoodlum deeds and vulgar words,
And should a human interfere,
Attacks that human in the rear.
I cannot help but deem the grackle
An ornithological debacle.

Ogden Nash
There is something about a martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow martini,
I wish I had one at present.
There is something about a martini
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It is not the vermouth,
I think that perhaps it's the gin.

A Drink with Something in It, by Ogden Nash.

Not relevant to birds, but he rhymes "mellow" with "yellow" in both poems, and I'm drinking one right now. ;)

There is something about a martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow martini,
I wish I had one at present.
There is something about a martini
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It is not the vermouth,
I think that perhaps it's the gin.

A Drink with Something in It, by Ogden Nash.

Not relevant to birds, but he rhymes "mellow" with "yellow" in both poems, and I'm drinking one right now. ;)
Most excellent my friend. Well done. :cool: ... and to all a good night...

I love the scenes in High Anxiety where Dr Harvey Korman is convincing someone that the patient sees werewolves and it morphs into him refereeing a wrestling match between them.
And of course...if you love me baby tell me loud...when they are locked in the car.

Oh yeah and the cocky doody scene...
Brilliance

I hate to see a place with such historical and for so many spiritual importance so devastated. I mean even a Nazi general refused to destroy it.( by no means am I defending a Nazi)But I am really happy that no one was hurt. There may be many who'd disagree with me, but no building is worth a single human life.
This is much of a legeend. In fact tons of TNT and the like were found under the bridges etc.
What happened is that on one side Gl Leclerc and the 2ème DB and FFI/FTPs on the othe side had knocked the nazis down and they could no more get the job done.
Except Choltitz himself, no one believe he intended to desobey, he just had no choice else... All his career prior to Paris shows he was a 100% pure sugar nazi.
When visiting Paris, the curious tourist may see flowers hanging on the walls under marble plates any time of the year. Each marks the place where one or several soldier/partisan were shot during the fights for Liberation and there's a few all over the city. :)
This is were Lt Jacques Froment was shot down. (sorry for the poor picture, taken from Google Maps) Not all gave their name to a street or a place.
par défaut 4.jpg

They and the Grey Woodpeckers are the b* who pecked quite a few holes in my country house couple of seasons ago :mad: Cat put paid to their insolence though:D She can climb the walls after them and squirrels:cool: They stay on the feeders now;)
I remember that. It wasn't that your house had bugs, they were excavating nest holes. So a cat did the trick.

Back