"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Thanks, Jack. She thinks the whole thing is hers! :D

eFp3UME.jpg

(Just ignore the disaster that is our garage at the moment! :eek:)

LOL! Brilliant photo Barrett! :D :thumbsup: Hey, your garage is tidier than my spare bedroom is at the moment! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Our Magnolia really bloomed this year. View from my home office window.
K8GFiuN.jpg

It’s a beautiful tree Gary! :thumbsup: Yours appears to be close to the same size as ours. It’s located in the back yard close to our deck. Here’s a photo of my Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot taken on March 4th this year. Its a stark reminder of the different areas we all live in! :)

47227147192_8806a88ce5_b_d.jpg

It’s a beautiful tree Gary! :thumbsup: Yours appears to be close to the same size as ours. It’s located in the back yard close to our deck. Here’s a photo of my Ashley’s Choice Lambsfoot taken on March 4th this year. Its a stark reminder of the different areas we all live in! :)

47227147192_8806a88ce5_b_d.jpg
Great pic, Ron! Ours is 60 plus years old. It actually bloomed a little early this year. I love the tree but raking up petals in the spring and leaves in the fall puts it on the high maintenance list!

Great pic, Ron! Ours is 60 plus years old. It actually bloomed a little early this year. I love the tree but raking up petals in the spring and leaves in the fall puts it on the high maintenance list!
I totally agree on the high maintenance Gary! I planted ours in 1977!

Nice setup, Randy. What pedals do you have there?

Thanks Dennis I'm really enjoying it. The one on the right is just an on off pedal for the Zoom to punch in and out of tracks when you screw up. On the left one is a Line 6 Pocket Pod the other a MXR prime distortion I'm running my Les Paul through them in a loop and it takes the place of an amp I live in a 1 bedroom 600sqft apt so space is hard to come by and those peddles take up very little. I have a Zoom G3Xn ordered for the amp and cabinet modeling so the Line 6 will be gone I may however keep the MXR the thing comes close to sounding like a Marshall JCM800 cranked up.

Hmmmm r redden r redden I think you need a name for your band.....
Depending on the genre of music...how about ....oooh letsseeee mmm off the top of the dome....howbout..
Randy &The Reverbs...
60s style surf group.
Rockin Randy & The Squarefoot Six...
50s Rockabilly.
Randy Reddens Swingin' Cats Jazz Combo...
40s and 50s jazz.
Reddberry Fizz...
60s psychadelic pop.
REDDEEMER...
heavy metal.
Hot Rod Randy &The Reddliners
more rockabilly.
the beautifully minimalist REDDEN...
70s powerock supergroup.
ReddenBlue...
Blues.....
If Randy says its OK....(not a band name)
I will send a USA Schrade Roadie to whoever posts the first mock up album cover made up for one of those bands...the album title must include knife content.
Cheers

Hmmmm r redden r redden I think you need a name for your band.....
Depending on the genre of music...how about ....oooh letsseeee mmm off the top of the dome....howbout..
Randy &The Reverbs...
60s style surf group.
Rockin Randy & The Squarefoot Six...
50s Rockabilly.
Randy Reddens Swingin' Cats Jazz Combo...
40s and 50s jazz.
Reddberry Fizz...
60s psychadelic pop.
REDDEEMER...
heavy metal.
Hot Rod Randy &The Reddliners
more rockabilly.
the beautifully minimalist REDDEN...
70s powerock supergroup.
ReddenBlue...
Blues.....
If Randy says its OK....(not a band name)
I will send a USA Schrade Roadie to whoever posts the first mock up album cover made up for one of those bands...the album title must include knife content.
Cheers
Oh man I spelled ReddBerry wrong :rolleyes:

Thanks Dennis I'm really enjoying it. The one on the right is just an on off pedal for the Zoom to punch in and out of tracks when you screw up. On the left one is a Line 6 Pocket Pod the other a MXR prime distortion I'm running my Les Paul through them in a loop and it takes the place of an amp I live in a 1 bedroom 600sqft apt so space is hard to come by and those peddles take up very little. I have a Zoom G3Xn ordered for the amp and cabinet modeling so the Line 6 will be gone I may however keep the MXR the thing comes close to sounding like a Marshall JCM800 cranked up.
Great stuff!
I have a 50 watt Laney LC50, and just too big for me, probably sell it and look for a used Fender Blues Jr.
Heard good things about the Line 6, pretty versatile, may look at those one of these days.

Thanks for the rundown!

JP please tell me about that Rogers Lambsfoot I recently bought a Rogers Lambsfoot from a dealer in the UK that turned out to be a fiasco. I should have used the one that Jack Black Jack Black referred me to but they didn't have a Barlow with a Lambsfoot blade. They sent the wrong knife the first time made it "right" by telling me to keep the clip point and they sent me the Lambsfoot I had ordered. Anyway both these knives were very poorly built with the worst fit and finish I've ever seen. That's my experience so I wanted to ask you about yours the age, fit and finish everything.
Thanks buddy.

Here's the Lambsfoot
8hHRlUL.jpg

bhuwiVf.jpg

lLJY6TF.jpg

xdpEpO1.jpg

Back