"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Hello Friends. Lan (Bob's daughter) here. Long time no updates. Very sorry for that. :( I just texted Paul Hilborn a couple days ago with a little update.
May 9th was Dad's birthday and we had a small family get together to remember Dad. He would have been 64 this year.
My son Bo is doing very well. He had his last day of school yesterday and graduation is May 31st. Very exciting. He's so happy to be out of school, but at the same time, a bit nervous about starting college in the fall. He will be attending Northeastern University in Boston. Already accepted. He's going to live at home and commute for the first year to feel things out a bit. We live very close to the commuter train rail station and it should be roughly a 40 minute commute to the campus. I'm happy with that decision. :cool: Next week is an awards night where he'll find out what additional scholarships he'll be receiving. Of course there will be a graduation party. He just wants an outdoor cookout event and that's fine with us.
So that's about the bulk of news on our end. Mom is doing well. A bit lonesome if anything without Dad, but we're not far away (7 miles), and we stop in all the time.
I hope all Dad's old friends are well here.

5UAsnSh.jpg

Hey Lan so good to here from you and that you and your family are doing well. Exciting things ahead for Bo you must be very proud of the path he is on toward his future. Kudos to you for the way you have raised him it is evident what a great job you have done for him to have become such a fine young man. I know your dad is looking down on all of you with his head held high, a smile on his face and his chest puffed out with pride for his family and he certainly has reason to. :) Bob and I talked often and most of our conversation's at some point become about our family's and you guys were the most precious things on earth to him he loved you all so and so proud that I felt I knew you and Bo just from those conversations. Anyway thanks again for the update and please tell Bo congratulations and well done for both being accepted and choosing to attend Northeastern. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Randy

Hey ya’ll, I know it’s been a long time since I last said anything. There’s been a lot going on in life lately. I would like to let you all know I still have an interest in knives of the traditional flavor, but I’ve arrived at my core standbys and I haven’t bought any knives in over a year. Thanks for being here and making this a great place! And I’ll certainly try to pop in more often.

Hey ya’ll, I know it’s been a long time since I last said anything. There’s been a lot going on in life lately. I would like to let you all know I still have an interest in knives of the traditional flavor, but I’ve arrived at my core standbys and I haven’t bought any knives in over a year. Thanks for being here and making this a great place! And I’ll certainly try to pop in more often.
Just because you aren't interested in buying new knives, please don't let that keep you from reading and posting. I hope this forum never becomes only about shopping.
It might turn out to be just a phase you're going through.
True! :D

Just because you aren't interested in buying new knives, please don't let that keep you from reading and posting. I hope this forum never becomes only about shopping.

I enjoy the camaraderie, the conversations, and the photos of so many beautiful knives. Plus, I have learned a lot. I have bought a few knives, it is true, since I have joined BF, but it was months before I even glanced at "the exchange," and that was just out of curiosity. This is a nice place to hang out, or to check in at intervals during the day.

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where their family member lay gravely ill.

Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber. "I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very risky but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the brain yourselves."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a great length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, "$50,000 for a male brain, and $2,000 for a female brain."

The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding eye contact with the women, but some actually smirked.

A man, unable to control his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the male brain so much more?"

The doctor explained "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to mark down the price of the female brains, because they've been used while the male brains are in unused mint condition."

:D

I enjoy the camaraderie, the conversations, and the photos of so many beautiful knives. Plus, I have learned a lot. I have bought a few knives, it is true, since I have joined BF, but it was months before I even glanced at "the exchange," and that was just out of curiosity. This is a nice place to hang out, or to check in at intervals during the day.

Couldn't be said any better.

I'm your Huckleberry....or would be if I knew what a huckleberry even is....they don't grow here.;):thumbsup:

Back