"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Is that McCloud's Chief Clifford in the hat?
Speaking of bread,
l6uTry1.jpg

EN5WWNq.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black

We had a bread box when I was a kid.

My late FIL told me about the first time he saw a bread slicer back in the 30’s. “The best thing since sliced bread” was a familiar saying of his.

I should take a photo of mine Jerry, it's older than me! :D

That is still a saying you'll here! :D I used to love watching them as a kid. Most bakeries would ask if you wanted your bread slicing (thick or thin), usually it was free, but sometimes they charged a penny.

There's a very old 'Music Hall' joke about a bread-slicer, but it's also very blue, so I'll keep it to myself! :D :thumbsup:

Guy Williams hit his peak as Don Robinson in Lost In Space....at one point employing his fencing skill in an electro space sword duel with a 12 year old Kurt Russel.
I always preferred it to StarTrek....there Ive said it.

Jack Black Jack Black you could put the joke in pirates cove....

Guy Williams hit his peak as Don Robinson in Lost In Space....at one point employing his fencing skill in an electro space sword duel with a 12 year old Kurt Russel.
I always preferred it to StarTrek....there Ive said it.

Jack Black Jack Black you could put the joke in pirates cove....
Wow! Well, Dr. Smith was a great character....and the robot.
Maybe I should watch it again.

Guy Williams was a better actor :)

Well I have to say that when I was 8 or 9 years old good acting had little to do with my appreciation of a TV show ;) (or maybe it did but I was not sophisticated enough to notice). Then again - when I was 12 or 13 my tuning in to Gilligan's Island wasn't about great scripts or good acting either.:D

@ Meako - Really - Lost in Space better than Star Trek? :confused: I don't judge :rolleyes:

However - the new Netflix version of LIS has little to remind you of the old TV series. Only one season, so far but it was excellent. I highly recommend, if you like that sort of thing. :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited:
You talkin the new Trek or the new LIS?...both were good....have not and don't intend to watch any femmie Dr Who...predictably that travesty of artistic license seems to have disappeared into the outer reaches of the ratings galaxy....female Dr Smith otoh seemed to work.....a coniving schemer who was as camp as a row of tents anyway.....as for the idea if a female James Bond!....just cut it out ...thats a joke too far.

You talkin the new Trek or the new LIS?...both were good....have not and don't intend to watch any femmie Dr Who...predictably that travesty of artistic license seems to have disappeared into the outer reaches of the ratings galaxy....female Dr Smith otoh seemed to work.....a coniving schemer who was as camp as a row of tents anyway.....as for the idea if a female James Bond!....just cut it out ...thats a joke too far.

Sorry Meako - I knew what I was talking about but I guess I didn't really share - :rolleyes: The new LIS is what I was recommending.

The female Dr. Smith was a difficult character to watch. She was such a manipulative conniver she made my blood pressure go up :( (I know, I know, it was all make believe but the actor was very convincing.)The old Dr. Smith was difficult to watch for a different reason -even as a kid I thought of him a horribly duplicitous and whiny man. Couldn't stand him. :confused: Was the Dr. Smith actor really the same actor who played the TV ZORRO? That blows my little mind ;)

Ray

Woah! That's really cool. And here I thought bread machines were an invention of the late 90s. ;)

Is it used only for mixing and kneading, or is the bread baked in it, too?
Mixing and kneading. This one was my Grandfather's. Mirro revived it around 1970, but between the heavy-duty mixers and the bread machines, ...
It saves you a lot of time and effort kneading.

Guy Williams was Daddy Robinson. Dr Smith was Zachary somebody. I preferred the first year or two to the later years when Zach was turned loose to alliterate at the robot.
I'm still offended that they never killed Dr. Smith. I don't think they ever even told Will to stay away from Dr. Smith. "Going big game hunting with Dr. Smith, Will? Why not? just make sure he's carrying all the guns and walking behind you."

Guy Williams was Daddy Robinson. Dr Smith was Zachary somebody. I preferred the first year or two to the later years when Zach was turned loose to alliterate at the robot.
I'm still offended that they never killed Dr. Smith. I don't think they ever even told Will to stay away from Dr. Smith. "Going big game hunting with Dr. Smith, Will? Why not? just make sure he's carrying all the guns and walking behind you."

What a relief o_O Seems obvious when I think about it. Zorro could not have aged that quickly (to look like Dr. Smith) in the period of time those 2 shows were being broadcast.

Most importantly - you were not offended by the lion, only by the writers. :D Thanks for the clarification.

Ray

Jonathan Harris played Dr Smith, who was the star of the show like Bruce Lee was the star of The Green Hornet. He made the show interesting. To me, anyway. Not a likable character, but hilarious!

The Robot was always there to save Will from Smiths plotting....I like how the new series had Will and the Robot becoming besties...I wonder if it will say aught but Danger Will Robinson!.....some of those alliterations would lift the whole thing....
Nonsensical Nincompoop...Monstrous Mechanical Misguided Moron....Clanking Contraption..
that sort of thing..

Back