"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I attended a Jonathan Harris appearance in Sydney many years ago...he was an excellent raconteur...answered all questions ...spoke for a good 90 minutes and performed with the Robot...AND...I scored one of my most prized possessions...
20190613-124107.jpg

I attended a Jonathan Harris appearance in Sydney many years ago...he was an excellent raconteur...answered all questions ...spoke for a good 90 minutes and performed with the Robot...AND...I scored one of my most prized possessions...
20190613-124107.jpg
Way cool, Jon. I think he was a Shakespearean actor, and quite a ham!

He was... but Dr Smith pretty much ruined his career....he did mainly voice acting for cartoons until his death....Battle For The Planets was one.

Folks, if you will excuse the interruption, I'm going to answer a question here, instead of creating further disruption in the thread where it was asked.

The Traditional Forum has always been the most heavily moderated forum on BF. It was under its originators. It continues to be under Gary and me. The goal is that this forum be a place where people of all walks of life, many different interests, nationalities, and belief systems can stop in and discuss their common appreciation for traditional knives in a friendly supportive environment. Maintaining that environment takes a surprising amount of moderating, although less now than when Gus and Elliott started this subforum almost two decades ago. By this stage in this subforum's history, the tone has been set, and we just maintain it.

The intent is to have the kind of relaxing environment one might find on somebody's veranda, or porch where good friends gather to palaver. And thus the nickname for the forum. As part of that relaxed, friendly environment, we don't point fingers at or use derogatory terms for each other or other people who don't share our hobby. We're just friends talking about the traditional knives we love.

We have a bunch of guidelines in the stickies. I usually boil them down to two
1. Post about traditional knives
2. Post friendly.

The show had 2 different theme tunes as well......
Aaaand I think that pretty much takes care of the "palaver" component.....:thumbsup:

Happy Flag Day, my fellow Americans!
Ts7H3iB.jpg

Also, Happy Birthday to the United States Army. Here's a pic with our first Commander-in-Chief, with an old fashioned American knife:
8E2F81B2-98C7-43C7-8C24-2C0C15F441E6.jpeg
I'm going to make Cherries Jubilee tonight to celebrate.
AND it's Friday! And the U.S. Open is underway. And my wife is making lasagne tomorrow. And then it's Father's Day. It's going to be a glorious weekend!

Back