"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Shawn, it sounds like you are coming out of that dark valley. Good luck with your journey back. You aren't alone when it comes to dealing with depression and anxiety.

All the best Brother. I'm sorry for your struggles but you sound like you are breathing a bit easier.
Maybe spend more time here and feel less alone. It's not about the knives after all - its about the people. :thumbsup:
We can certainly listen, help buck you up and shine some light if/when the dark is getting too close.

Ray

Last edited:
A night blooming cereus on our back porch. I noticed it looked like it was getting ready to bloom in the late afternoon a few days ago. I remembered to look at it before going to bed. The flower was gone by morning.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-blooming_cereus
2AQ0toQ.jpg

Is a fly without wings properly referred to as a "walker"?
The correct name is a "walk"..
Hey Wurrwulf Wurrwulf Shawn...I did the full tilt boogie dance with the black dog in the last ...5 years or so....I spent too much energy trying to work it out.....its impossible and dragged me further down all the time....I do know that had I suffered a crippling physical injury as a firey I would have have been looked after far better than I was with PTSD....both by the job and my wife and sons...I realise how little they understand of what was going on in my head.....Take care of yourself mate.
You are not alone ...and boy its good to get it off your chest....

Here be dragons..
20190929-132018.jpg

Thank you to everyone. It really means a lot to me. I know that I'm far from alone in my struggles, and I know that having wonderful people such as y'all proverbially having my back is a huge blessing.

I'll be around, and hopefully, I'll be a bit more vocal here soon. Much love.

-Shawn

Thank you to everyone. It really means a lot to me. I know that I'm far from alone in my struggles, and I know that having wonderful people such as y'all proverbially having my back is a huge blessing.

I'll be around, and hopefully, I'll be a bit more vocal here soon. Much love.

-Shawn
Good luck to you, Shawn. Don't be a stranger!

LOL SAK after sale service was totally free, I even got a few missing gadgets (screwdriver, aso) :)

View attachment 1207984

I think you should Christen it " Steve Austin"
Cue six million dollar* man theme:
They've rebuilt it...bigger...faster....stronger...

And when you open or close the blades do so in slow motion and make the DDDD...dddddd... sound... for authentic bionic power.:thumbsup::D

* six million....wouldnt even buy a bionic toenail nowadays.

Back