"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I am playing all the lead lines and a few other acoustic parts in both of these here's a harder one.
https://soundcloud.com/user-89613957/01-track-2
Yeah yeah Im just listening to an important ELO greatest hits record at the moment....:p
For breakfast.....
Your music was the soundtrack for yesterdays kitchen demolitchen at stately meako manor.
20191007-090510.jpg

Lets Cook Jesse.
20191006-133014.jpg

Jovan The Unthinkable says kitchen be gone.
20191006-143208.jpg

Nice work Jovan The Unthinkable...but that crappy old lino still has to go.
20191007-170817.jpg

Nada Problemski.

N
Yeah yeah Im just listening to an important ELO greatest hits record at the moment....:p
For breakfast.....
Your music was the soundtrack for yesterdays kitchen demolitchen at stately meako manor.
20191007-090510.jpg

Lets Cook Jesse.
20191006-133014.jpg

20191006-143208.jpg

20191007-170817.jpg

Nada Problemski.
Nice work indeed.

For breakfast.....
20191007-090510.jpg

Lets Cook Jesse.
20191006-133014.jpg

20191006-143208.jpg

20191007-170817.jpg

Nada Problemski.
I found some nice wood under 3 layers of Lino!!! I know the joy!!! Looks like a nice job a-chuggin' along, Mr.Meakin!!

In an old house I rented 28 yrs ago I found under the lino 1942 newspapers and colour pages from the womens weekly....smoke woodbines they clear that irritating cough! Japs invade Sumatra!
Beneath those was older lino lined with 1931newspapers...Bradman scores a century.....etc. historical stuff and there was piles of it. I rang the Australian museum ....by the time I put the phone down the courier was knocking at the door....

An old house can be an archeological dig!!:eek:
Old newspapers can be interesting reading, Jon!!
Sounds like you have had some fun!!:rolleyes::)

In an old house I rented 28 yrs ago I found under the lino 1942 newspapers and colour pages from the womens weekly....smoke woodbines they clear that irritating cough! Japs invade Sumatra!
Beneath those was older lino lined with 1931newspapers...Bradman scores a century.....etc. historical stuff and there was piles of it. I rang the Australian museum ....by the time I put the phone down the courier was knocking at the door....
Very cool.
I have a 1914 special edition Salvation Army War Cry I should get to our local archives. Under the Levine Doctrine, it's too rare to be worth anything, because I can't find any comparables. Maybe if I offer it to the salvation army they'll send a courier.

Thank you Andi Humppa Humppa ..although my talents are mainly in destruction.It was surgical precision not wanting to damage the bits that need to stay....asbestos fibro walls too....its an old house.I replaced all the old fluro tub light fittings on the outside with exterior rated LEDs....one of the fluro tubes was so rusty the connection pins stayed in the fitting when I took it out....conclusion:rust is a conductor of electricity...I'll gradually replace all the olde worlde lights....plenty of ideas...its just having the cash to chase them up with:thumbsup::D
Hopefully the heavens are in alignment and yhe kitchen guys can bang it in today and tomorrow and Ill have a new functional and modern kitchen for my birthday.fingers crossed.

Yes Prester John Prester John ...the 2019 forum knife..well combined xmas and birthday...probably closer to xmas at this juncture....mind you I have seen a couple of giant inflatable santas already...which almost made me vomit...
Actually Ive got a beaut Japanese vg10 damascus kitchen knife nib....I'll break it out to christen the kitchen. The wizards knife back on active duty too. @Jack Black .
Cheers waynorth waynorth Charlie.

Yes Prester John Prester John ...the 2019 forum knife..well combined xmas and birthday...probably closer to xmas at this juncture....mind you I have seen a couple of giant inflatable santas already...which almost made me vomit...
Great! Happy Birthday, Jon! Friday is my wedding anniversary, and Sunday is my birthday. (What a weekend!) Getting a knife too! (A Laguiole; saved up for the Forum knife--just waiting for the PM. Only buying it for the tube blurb.) :D:D:D:cool:

Actually Ive got a beaut Japanese vg10 damascus kitchen knife nib....I'll break it out to christen the kitchen. The wizards knife back on active duty too. @Jack Black .

Ahh. Christmas in summer. I'd think it was strange, but where I live, summery Christmases are not unknown.

It IS strange...30deg c outside...blistering heat....and yet there is a constant barrage of tinkling sleighbells and reindeer pawprints across snowy rooftops...where old jack frost is making icicles glisten and all through the house the juicy festive aroma (and stifling temperature increase) of roasting turkeys and xmas puds settles in yuletide haze across the land...a jolly red faced man with big white beard and a red wooly suit with fur lined cuffs laughs heartily...of course he has a red face...hes suffering from heat stress and just about to collapse....quick loosen his clothing....and take the fur hat off.
Nope itll be chilled prawns and seafood and icy cold beer for this little elf.Hopefully opening up the 2019er and chortling gleefully with seasonal propriety at my own sense of humour in the blurb...then looking knowingly towards the guiding star before snuggling off to sleep in my manger happy with fact that somewhere in the world is an elite group of people who provided the inspiration ...and the hope that they too have resisted the urge to rip open the package as soon as it arrived like a starving wolf on a orphaned baby reindeer.

knives are no longer important to me at all
Weird how interests and hobbies change over time, isn't it? Same here pretty much. They are now just a tool I grab sometimes when I need to cut something, and sharpen if it needs it. I kind of miss the "bug" where I was really into them.

I still like coming by to visit but I don't have a lot to add to the conversation.

Went into a Lowes Home Improvement(like Bunnings I reckon,I looked it up:p ) they had the Halloween inflatables and such on one side of the garden section, Christmas stuff on the other. In the last week of September o_O I wonder why they even bother to take it down anymore. I'm so ready for the '19 forum knife,the tube will be as special as the knife to me:cool::thumbsup:

Back