"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I have a bit of exciting news I wanted to share y’all: my wife and I are expecting our second child next May! Here’s hoping the second one is as cute and sweet and weird as this one! :D

cGgOCWb.jpg
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Great news Barrett, all the best for your family!
ps Beware, Little Miss Universe soon gonna ask you the car's keys for a friday evening outing!:D:D:D
pps wonderful boots!:eek:

Barrett, Vince is right, the fox boots will live again!! Huge congrats!!!

That's wonderful news, Barrett!

Congratulations to you and your wife Barrett! :thumbsup:

btb01 btb01
Congratulations!

May all our children be "cute and sweet and weird" btb01 btb01 :thumbsup: High and loving praise ;)
Congratulations and all the best to Mother and sister too.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Great news Barrett, all the best for your family!
ps Beware, Little Miss Universe soon gonna ask you the car's keys for a friday evening outing!:D:D:D
pps wonderful boots!:eek:

Fantastic news Barrett! Congratulations my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jolipapa Jolipapa , she already likes sitting in the driver's seat of my truck and pretending to drive! :eek: :D

Lan it shook me to see Bobs Avitar! oh man how we miss seeing that cheeky wee boys face - and the knowledge of Bob being behind that Avitar. It’s wonderful that you pop in here and I am sorry I didn’t see your post sooner.
I hope you, Your partner and Bo are all doing well and thank you for your kind thoughts - I’m doing well!
We miss Bob terribly as I am more than sure you do as well, I’m just glad we got to know just a little of Bob.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas :)

Hey Barrett btb01 btb01 Congrats on wonderful and yet somehow daunting news:thumbsup::D
You be needing that checklist again I assume so lets get it started...
Full tank of Gas for drive to birthing place when time comes:thumbsup:
(I had to fill up on way to my first)
Spare bed in garage/quiet place/man cave/:thumbsup:..
I think thats pretty much got it covered.
Good Luck.

Congratulations. Hope it comes in the middle of the night, and hope to get mooned on the way to the hospital by a carload of rowdy youths. That is the kind of thing that happens in Minnesota, and it augurs well for the future. DAMHIK.

I've been passing by this sign for years and never got a picture of it. It's a bit west of where I live. Of course this didn't come out very well, having been taken out of the side window of my vehicle, so I lifted the second one from the web.
I don't know if there's any ancestral relationship to the Case family, but I've always liked the sign.
I wonder if it's acted on me subliminally to favor Case knives!
8q1NUzg.jpg

Q4Po5RC.jpg

YES!! Since your disappearance coincided with the preseason for the NFL, could it be that you are actually a member of the Green Bay Packers?o_Oo_O
Hmmmm... I was Class D All Upper Peninsula 1st Team QB in high school LoL :D No, I just had to take a knife vacation so I could get some chores done on my house before winter. Mainly the header over my garage door rotted out and despite having no building experience I decided to take it on myself. It's amazing what one can accomplish with moderate skill, courage and YouTube LoL. Mind you... my house was built in 2014 (5 years old); turns out the contractors are known for cutting corners on the garage doors and they use a cheap trim kit that isn't very good if you do not waterproof it perfectly. You can see they used OSB for the frame and it rotted completely through despite being 1-1/4" thick! :eek: So I replaced all that with treated lumber, I had to cut out some of the sheathing and replace that, then I added PVC trim boards all around the opening. Looks good and now I hope I did everything right ;)

GARAGE1.JPG GARAGE3.JPG GARAGE2.JPG
GARAGE5.JPG
GARAGE6.JPG

The stains on the garage door is what alerted us that something was wrong underneath the trim and siding.

GARAGE7.JPG

Finished Product :D

GARAGE8.JPG GARAGE9.JPG

The Old Timer had a LOT of pocket time during the project, very versatile stockman :thumbsup:
OT.JPG

Attachments

• GARAGE4.JPG
    GARAGE4.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back