"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Pretty good day. I really don't need another chef knife, but Case for $10? I need it. Then Robeson, Schrade, Waterville, and Camillus, all for $22.
gaBJifQ.jpg

Great deals. Went to an antique store today. They had a few nice knives, but all overpriced in my opinion. But always on the lookout.
Yup. I must have been the first knife knut to see this new-to-me vendor at an old-to-me mall. The cub has the shiny plastic shield like the one I traded away as a kid. I wonder if mine was also shrinky-dink covered.

There's also Krein, but it is different. I have seen this already, but the heck if I can remember where! :mad:

I also thought it might be a variation of Krein, but after I found an example of the Krein logo in a photo, I decided there really wasn't much resemblance.

- GT

Just wondering here, has anyone heard from Stuart, AKA D Duckdog ? Back in December he was off for another hunt. Usually he’s gone a few days. Hoping his absence is due to great success and enjoyment of being in the woods.

I have not and wondered the same thing. Another is Dave DC50???

Neither dead nor diseased, but derelict, my friends. Deer hunting melded into duck hunting and, now, into rabbit hunting, but my haphazard hiatus is over. I am to the Porch returned. Thanks for keeping the light on and for your concerns.

- Stuart

Neither dead nor diseased, but derelict, my friends. Deer hunting melded into duck hunting and, now, into rabbit hunting, but my haphazard hiatus is over. I am to the Porch returned. Thanks for keeping the light on and for your concerns.

- Stuart

Stuart, glad to see you’re back. Hopefully you enjoyed yourself immensely, harvest or not!!!

Back