"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

One Lorikeet squawks for some sunflower seed...I go out and am confronted by a scene from a Hitchcock movie.
20200128-170622.jpg

One Lorikeet squawks for some sunflower seed...I go out and am confronted by a scene from a Hitchcock movie.
20200128-170622.jpg
The thin end of the wedge! Or rather, you've got the fat end now.
My dad used to buy mixed bird-seed, because he didn't want to spring for all-sunflower seed. How he hated the sparrows for tossing aside the millet to get the sunflower. And feeding those ancient enemies of our blood, the squirrels, in the process!

Yep. :) They live here year-round, but will gather in huge flocks in the Fall. It's quite a show in the evenings near brightly lit parking lots. They're probably eating the clouds of crickets that go for the lights.

It's a scary place, Texas.

Looks like it’s time to cowgirl up. :)

Yep. :) They live here year-round, but will gather in huge flocks in the Fall. It's quite a show in the evenings near brightly lit parking lots. They're probably eating the clouds of crickets that go for the lights.

It's a scary place, Texas.

Gross!! they grow them big, AND numerous in Texas!!:D
I guess it helps the Grackle population also!!??:eek:

Safe in the knowledge that the only real horror in FROGS was the acting....jeez ...remember movies pre cgi? ...Star Wars changed all that and look how lame that is now compated to today....but at least in ye olden dayes they didnt just rehash the franchise every cupla years . Movies like Sharknado are pathetic next to Jaws....Frogs does look pretty trippy tho....time for a remake? How bout CaneToads....actually theres a good doco about them and it is quite disturbing......
Grackles, anyone?
CuLHz4l.jpg

Like the movie Frogs.

Here ribit is a rirbit ribit sample of our ribit amphibian supremacy..
Actually a very good film if you like human stupidity...not referring to Monica....but those spots she mentions are poison glands.

Back