"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Jul 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I have no desire to start an argument with you, but I find that difficult to believe. :)

Cutfinger likes this.
  2. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Forgive me Mate.
    I wasn't aiming at anyone ....just being gramatically picky and pedantic ....Apologies....i think the blackdog got out of the kennel....
    Sometimes a struggle.
    Cheers.

Jolipapa likes this.
  3. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Let's lighten the mood ;)

Prester John, meako, dantzk8 and 2 others like this.
  4. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Just to give you an indication of where my mind is at and even considering I've recently remarried when I received an email with this in the subject line:
    Celebrate L'Amour with Opinel Knives
    I thought of Louis L'Amour. Hahahahaha

5. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Congratulations on tying the knot, Alan!!:thumbsup:
    A long and happy life to you both!!;)

Prester John and meako like this.
  6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Alan, I hope she likes BIG dogs! ;)

7. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    Yes Lets Shall.
    Ahhh Love...is it not a wonderful thing.

8. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    @waynorth @black mamba @meako
    Thank you guys. Jeff I hope so because between NY and Florida we now have six. Two are small, two medium, and two extra large.

Cutfinger, Ramrodmb, meako and 2 others like this.
  9. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Hope your new married life is going well my friend.

I was just sitting here and my thoughts all of a sudden went out to Ted, I hope he is doing ok, Go well Ted matey, heal fast and I look forward to reading some more posts from you.

Jack Black and meako like this.
  10. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Epoxy and royal blue chalk, believe it or not. The brass must be showing through to make it look green.
    [​IMG]
    I'd have sworn I just took a before picture of the fragmented pearloid cel handles, but apparently not. And I don't see an old pic either. It's a four-line Camillus.
    This shot looks a little bluer.
    [​IMG]

11. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    @Campbellclanman
    Thank you Duncan. After nearly 40 years being single all I can say is WOW!

12. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Alan, after 21 years of being married, that's still all I can say . . . WOW!

13. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    And "Dear, that sounds like a great idea." Oh wait. that's me after 36 years.

14. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    @black mamba @knarfeng
    Jeff and Frank it’s not like I don’t remember married life because I was for 14 years earlier in life it’s just that at this point WOW seems to be the perfect explanation. That’s if my wife agrees. lol!

Old Engineer likes this.
  15. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Whether she agrees or not depends on what WOW stands for:
    What o' Woman, or . . . . Woe of Woes! :( ;) :D

meako and joeradza like this.
  16. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Dad's Gum, and Gosh Golly Gee Willy Kerr's my Internet is S L O W tonight!
    Satellite Company must be routing the Internet to Seattle, WA, then to LA, to NYC, to London, England, back to Miami, Florida, (or possibly to Sydney, Australia then South Africa, and Antarctica, before Miami), to Salt Lake City, Ut, to Detroit, MI, and finally Boise, Idaho ... again ... (there may be a sight seeing trip to Anchorage Alaska, Dallas, Texas, Quebec, Canada, Nova Scotia, Greenland, Tokyo, Japan, Balorne, British Columbia, Mars, Venus, and Moscow, Idaho, in there too, for all I know.)

Cutfinger, meako and Old Engineer like this.
  17. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    @afishhunter
    If the routing passed through NYC it missed me. All good this morning.

18. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lost my horse buddy this morning, although he didn't belong to me I really developed a bond with this goofball. You've probably noticed he's in my avatar.Whenever I had to do work in his paddock or pasture he was always there with his head over my shoulder, with his little "whatcha doing" grunt. He'd follow me around like a puppy. This morning my bosses husband called and said tearfully "we have to put Tag down, Kathy said you should know" I went out without even my contacts in. Miss Kathy was pretty upset, they've had ol Tag over 20 years. She's had horses her whole life and has lost several through the years, doesn't make it any easier. They couldn't bear to be there when the vet had to put him to rest,so I stayed and held his head,talked to him and cried so at least someone he knew and was comfortable with was there in his last moments on this earth. Run free Tag,with wind in your mane, I know you pasture mates that have gone before were waiting to run with you in the fenceless plains of heaven.

We share our ups and downs here amongst our friends, I ask a little prayer for my friend Kathy and her husband Bill they're taking this hard.[​IMG]
    Oh and he liked knives to, or maybe he just thought I had a treat.

19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Sincere sympathy to you and your friends on losing that good old horse, David. :(
    Tough times, but it sounds like you have plenty of happy memories to help you all get through it. :thumbsup::)

- GT

20. meako

Sep 4, 2006
    Very sorry to hear the loss of a old friend like Tag @Misplaced Hillbilly Dave...I just hope hes gone to that big back paddock in the sky ...theres a dust patch to roll in, a beach to stand in the water and a big bag of carrots everyday. Take it easy Mate.