"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

5k4ajsG.jpg
WKzHgoI.jpg

Lost my horse buddy this morning, although he didn't belong to me I really developed a bond with this goofball. You've probably noticed he's in my avatar.Whenever I had to do work in his paddock or pasture he was always there with his head over my shoulder, with his little "whatcha doing" grunt. He'd follow me around like a puppy. This morning my bosses husband called and said tearfully "we have to put Tag down, Kathy said you should know" I went out without even my contacts in. Miss Kathy was pretty upset, they've had ol Tag over 20 years. She's had horses her whole life and has lost several through the years, doesn't make it any easier. They couldn't bear to be there when the vet had to put him to rest,so I stayed and held his head,talked to him and cried so at least someone he knew and was comfortable with was there in his last moments on this earth. Run free Tag,with wind in your mane, I know you pasture mates that have gone before were waiting to run with you in the fenceless plains of heaven.

We share our ups and downs here amongst our friends, I ask a little prayer for my friend Kathy and her husband Bill they're taking this hard.
Xw1h1yI.jpg

Oh and he liked knives to, or maybe he just thought I had a treat.
Sorry to hear that, David. Will pray for you and your friends.

My wife and orchids is like me and knives. We don't collect, we just kind of accumulate.
My wife keeps them on in the kitchen by the sink. We have a window that extends out. The plants seem to like the gentle northern light and the moisture from the sink. They normally bloom once a year and it's usually in the January-February time frame.

I said all that to say that that five of them are currently in various stages of blossoming and it's pretty. I managed to get four of them in the same shot.
ZK7EmWh.jpg

Very nice...Im a big fan of orchids ...got a load of quite nice native cultivars in the garden ...working on a bush house for them ...getting materials together to construct a walk through orchidarium*...going for zero dollars outlay recycled stuff...the climate here is poifect...Australian native Cymbidiums and Dendrobiums...love em... cheers.

*not a real word.

5k4ajsG.jpg
WKzHgoI.jpg

Lost my horse buddy this morning, although he didn't belong to me I really developed a bond with this goofball. You've probably noticed he's in my avatar.Whenever I had to do work in his paddock or pasture he was always there with his head over my shoulder, with his little "whatcha doing" grunt. He'd follow me around like a puppy. This morning my bosses husband called and said tearfully "we have to put Tag down, Kathy said you should know" I went out without even my contacts in. Miss Kathy was pretty upset, they've had ol Tag over 20 years. She's had horses her whole life and has lost several through the years, doesn't make it any easier. They couldn't bear to be there when the vet had to put him to rest,so I stayed and held his head,talked to him and cried so at least someone he knew and was comfortable with was there in his last moments on this earth. Run free Tag,with wind in your mane, I know you pasture mates that have gone before were waiting to run with you in the fenceless plains of heaven.

We share our ups and downs here amongst our friends, I ask a little prayer for my friend Kathy and her husband Bill they're taking this hard.
Xw1h1yI.jpg

Oh and he liked knives to, or maybe he just thought I had a treat.

Very sad David, sorry for your loss my friend :( Condolences to Kathy and Bill, as well as yourself :thumbsup:

Today is going to be a good one. I’ve got three packages out for delivery featuring three distinct type of knives. An addition to one of my passions, a gift, and a beautiful little stag custom.

No new knives, but a lot of us are gun guys & gals too, and I just nabbed a Smith & Wesson 29-2 4" nickel from 1979 in beautiful, lightly fired condition. Going to the range in about an hour to test her out. I'm pumped! I'll post some pics later today.

No new knives, but a lot of us are gun guys & gals too, and I just nabbed a Smith & Wesson 29-2 4" nickel from 1979 in beautiful, lightly fired condition. Going to the range in about an hour to test her out. I'm pumped! I'll post some pics later today.
That sounds good Jeff especially in that condition.

Back