"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I had fried Alligator (or maybe it was crocodile?) once, in St. Petersburg, Florida. It was like chewing sand or a Chicken "Hotdog". Very "gritty".
I know it was cooked right. I bought it fresh at the local fish market (just 3 blocks from where I was staying), and cooked it myself.

Rather bland tasting, too. A lot like white chicken meant is.
I love white chicken meat, but the alligator was very different to me. It was good, though. Had it in Houma and Baton Rouge (or was it Lake Charles?), both in Louisiana, my second favorite state.

Warning: Dad Joke ahead!
Gimme a Crocodile burger...
...and make it snappy.
Tried Croc once which I bought at the local butcher to take to an end of year Scouts bbq for the kids....yeah...bland tasting ....just not yummy enough to warrant the insane amount of danger involved in the farming and harvesting of estuarine crocodiles...
If that snake were bigger, he'd swallow you whole :eek: reptile affection :D;)

Now I'm thinking about Jennifer Lopez in Anaconda....an otherwise crap film ;)
I was shocked when it didnt get the Oscar..for Jon Voight in the overacting whilst being eaten by impossibly large snake scene.
@r8shell ...Im with you on the insects...spiders Im ok with...and we have some brutally mean ones with big fangs and venom.
Big centipedes...not a fan..the scolopendrids are lethal and once I narrowly avoided a prize specimen using my shorts as a hiding place...not sure what it was going to do but 6 inches of slithering venom in my shorts whilst gardening is not a boast...its a spinechilling phobia.
Hey Dan @dantzk8 check out this cool boomerang I made:D:eek:
Resized-20200215-110713.jpg

Dooh! Photobombed by Boris.
Good onya Boris you mad thing.
Briefly Boris resides with me as he was a rescue job from an illegal and poorly managed collection...he was not well raised as a tiddler and as a result is a biter and very cage defensive...once out hes ok....definitely not a "pet"though.
During the 6? years in my licensed care he has tripled in size and power...closer to 7 than 6ft.
Cheers....

I think Ken Dodd made that one up...sound good to you Jack Black Jack Black ?
Jolipapa Jolipapa ..statistically more people eat sharks than sharks eat people...I have a couple of books on the history of Australian shark attacks...most of which were gruesome and didnt end well...however....only the human species could invent the insane cruelty of "barrelling" sharks..ie cutting off the fins (for yumptious sharks fin soup) and dumping the still living beast back in the sea to slowly writhe in fear and pain until dead...
On a lighter note I went to the doctors yesterday feeling a bit piqued...
Doc: well Jon looks like youve got the Coronavirus!
Me: omg Doc what am I going to do?
Doc: ..take two Pil..seners and call me in the morning.

I think Ken Dodd made that one up...sound good to you Jack Black Jack Black ?
Jolipapa Jolipapa ..statistically more people eat sharks than sharks eat people...I have a couple of books on the history of Australian shark attacks...most of which were gruesome and didnt end well...however....only the human species could invent the insane cruelty of "barrelling" sharks..ie cutting off the fins (for yumptious sharks fin soup) and dumping the still living beast back in the sea to slowly writhe in fear and pain until dead...
On a lighter note I went to the doctors yesterday feeling a bit piqued...
Doc: well Jon looks like youve got the Coronavirus!
Me: omg Doc what am I going to do?
Doc: ..take two Pil..seners and call me in the morning.
OK for all the lines! Even pangolins are threatened. Who would imagine eating pangolins...:thumbsdown:

Cheers!
Case_Pilsen.jpg

@ Meako - it's a Lager but very cool to learn that it's the cure! Who knew :rolleyes:

Last edited:
meako meako
I'm with you on the centipedes, although ours are no competition to your variety. I have no fear or phobia of any kind of animal or insect, healthy respect for some but not fear. But centipedes are just wrong lol. And now for something completely different, lol
Found this on a channel I watch often. They're in Finland so a good supply of Moras wouldn't be a problem lol. Anyways I found it interesting how the different steels performed, at one point you can see the thicker one they do actually delaminated.

jc57 jc57 John, upgraded me to Gold once again; out of the blue. He is hitting his youngevity goals and wanted to let me know how he felt.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...tional-knife-tales-vignettes.754492/page-1154

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...tional-knife-tales-vignettes.754492/page-1152

I have been continuing to research my health issue and he renewed my vigor :D It takes a community :p

Again, I can only share what I think is benefiting me and let each one of you garner your own gold :)

Dr Benjamin Bikman
Control Carbohydrates
Prioritize Proteins
Fill with Fats ie top up caloric needs
Insulin is the key marker not gluclose
Elevated BP indicator of insulin resistance

Max Lugavere
Carbs in morning when cortisol levels are high; cortisol is an antagonist to insulin
Glycation importance
Sleep importance for flushing the brain
Insulin resistance
Viceral fat and cortisol receptors

Jason Fung
DiNicolantionio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drLqY11thFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drLqY11thFo
Dom D'Agostino
Ken Berry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaEqoLOhOmE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaEqoLOhOmE
May you all grow younger

upload_2020-2-17_11-35-12.jpeg

Last edited:
Down to about 200 pounds these days, from over 300. Noticed that both of our gold memberships had lapsed so I fixed that. :) Figured it was worth celebrating breaking that 200 barrier.

Congratulations to improving Your (and our!!) respective healths, gents!!
I'm working on that 200 barrier myself!!
Masterful gentlemen !!!!! Thanks again, John :):):D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I will keep adding bullet points to the post :) as I listen for a third time on each one. These are the best ones I find and are cutting edge ;)

Snowing out and I'm doing my taxes but looking out the window as I work I see this fellow.

Must be meager pickings in the woods because he was here for a good 5 minutes eating bird seed from under the feeders. I rarely see fox stand still that long; they are always on the move. Fun to be able to watch and photograph (through the window). One night many years ago I woke to a moonlit night and a deer at the feeder. And once, at night, I saw BOTH a fox and a raccoon at the same time o_O (I regularly look out at night, with a bright flashlight, to see what I might see.) That sighting was quite a surprise. No photo evidence though.

Last edited:
I have been enjoying this bunch of heed the baws geein it laldy! ;) :D Thought a few folks here might enjoy them too :) :thumbsup:

I have their earlier "keeping it Tribal" album.
I'm partial to Albannach, also, though I have to skip some of their tracks .
Wicked Tinkers are a tad lighter fare. But very fun. Their "Rant" album is really top notch.

Back