"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

John Prine R.I.P.

One of my favourite singer/songwriters. I was very saddened to hear this news. He came to my city back in about 1976 or 1977. It was a terrible show, he was drunk and insulting to his fans. The best part of the show was that Steve Goodman opened for him. I did not listen to him for 20 years. Then I found a new album by him and bought it. When I listened to it, I thought what the heck was wrong with me, rejecting him for one bad act. He cam back about 22 years later and put on an excellent show.

Hey folks hope all are well and safe from this terrible virus. I've stayed in my apartment luckily I bought about 3 months supplies both medical and household necessities when this first started so I don't need to go anywhere. I had started a guitar repair business and was doing well and really enjoyed it as well the extra income but have quit taking in anything for the social distancing thing. I did get a new wheelchair that's much better. The repair shop was my kitchen table one of the benefits of living alone you can do what you want to with your space. Anyway that's what I've been up to I just wanted to drop in on my friends and to wish you all well through the crazy time we are in.

Zucchini is one of my favorites. So is eggplant, if prepared properly. Nothing is quite as good my wife's families Italian, Caponata, which she prepares very much like the French equivalent, Ratatouille.
Now I've gone and made myself hungry!

Last edited:
Hey folks hope all are well and safe from this terrible virus. I've stayed in my apartment luckily I bought about 3 months supplies both medical and household necessities when this first started so I don't need to go anywhere. I had started a guitar repair business and was doing well and really enjoyed it as well the extra income but have quit taking in anything for the social distancing thing. I did get a new wheelchair that's much better. The repair shop was my kitchen table one of the benefits of living alone you can do what you want to with your space. Anyway that's what I've been up to I just wanted to drop in on my friends and to wish you all well through the crazy time we are in.

Great to see you here Randy, glad you're doing OK my friend :) It's nice of you to call in and see your old pals ;) Stay safe buddy :thumbsup:

Glad to hear from you, Randy, and that you're okay. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice to hear of you and you are safe and sound! Take care of yourself, the world needs good guitar repairmen! :)

Fried breaded or un-breaded Egg Plant = "Yummy" (even when I was a very young youngling.) (I liked (still do) cooked or raw spinach, too, and not because of that idiot moron Vegan "Popeye", whom I have never liked.) I also liked (still do) Brussels Sprouts, (raw) Broccoli, and (raw) Cauliflower, and (raw) red an white radishes.

Zucchini = "Ewww ... Ickie ... (((GAG)))" and "It might be "edible" but it ain't "eatable"." (admittedly, I may have never have any that was prepared properly.)
FYI
"Edible"= It won't kill you if you eat it, but that don't mean it tastes good.
"Eatable" = It won't kill you if you eat it, and it tastes good.

Escargot, Sea Snails (like Conch), Oyster, Squid, Octapi, Cuttlefish, etc. ="Yummy"

Sardines and Anchovies = "Edible, but not so yummy."

Canned Tuna = "BLAH!! Over cooked"
Tuna Susi = Yummy (and its not over cooked, either. :) )

I discovered today that the facility is under lock-down, because there are nine known confirmed cases of Covid-19 in town. (population of town/village is a hair over 4100, not counting dogs, cats, mice, rats, sn ... sn .. sn... legless reptiles, cattle, horses, mules, spiders and bugs)
Residents can go outside and walk or crawl around, but we cannot leave the property. So, I can't ride my (adult) trike to the store no more until the Governor Little lifts his self quarantine edict, or it expires after the 21 days he specified. :(

Last edited:
Welcome around, Randy!! Glad to hear you are repairing guitars - a worthy profession!!
My wife makes an absolutely delicious Caponata, with Eggplant and Zucchini and also,
Parmigiana Di Melanzane to die for!!:p
And I am the Italian in the crowd!!:D

Fried breaded or un-breaded Egg Plant = "Yummy" (even when I was a very young youngling.) (I liked (still do) cooked or raw spinach, too, and not because of that idiot moron Vegan "Popeye", whom I have never liked.) I also liked (still do) Brussels Sprouts, (raw) Broccoli, and (raw) Cauliflower, and (raw) red an white radishes.

Zucchini = "Ewww ... Ickie ... (((GAG)))" and "It might be "edible" but it ain't "eatable"." (admittedly, I may have never have any that was prepared properly.)
FYI
"Edible"= It won't kill you if you eat it, but that don't mean it tastes good.
"Eatable" = It won't kill you if you eat it, and it tastes good.

Escargot, Sea Snails (like Conch), Oyster, Squid, Octapi, Cuttlefish, etc. ="Yummy"

Sardines and Anchovies = "Edible, but not so yummy."

Canned Tuna = "BLAH!! Over cooked"
Tuna Susi = Yummy (and its not over cooked, either. :) )

I discovered today that the facility is under lock-down, because there are nine known confirmed cases of Covid-19 in town. (population of town/village is a hair over 4100, not counting dogs, cats, mice, rats, sn ... sn .. sn... legless reptiles, cattle, horses, mules, spiders and bugs)
Residents can go outside and walk or crawl around, but we cannot leave the property. So, I can't ride my (adult) trike to the store no more until the Governor Little lifts his self quarantine edict, or it expires after the 21 days he specified. :(
Anchovies are the BEST pizza topping. Love sardines too. And I eat canned tuna almost every day (in olive oil, not water). Escargot, etc.: yuck!
Guess we have opposite tastes. :)

Do yourself a huge HUGE favor and end a fish market where you can buy fresh sardines and fry them to a bit crispy on the grill.

THAT'S a yummy!!!!

Trust me! No relation to the canned stuff.
The small sardines from the North Sea (e.g., Norway) packed in olive oil are great. Not the huge things from Indionesia.

Nice to hear from you Randy, be well my friend:thumbsup:

An all time favorite artist of mine, no one was the wordsmith John was, will miss the man and am blessed to have his songs live forever:thumbsup:

John's gone home...

Back