"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

J1uo5jh.jpg

Today's buys:
I might have a new favorite deer spear. Also a knife that I don't know what it's for, but I'm sure it's a good one, and three old files that will become knives.

I got some nice stuff today: a Frontier Las Vegas money-clip, so the babes will think I'm a high roller; a folding spoon (never saw such a thing), a pinned-through solid bolster Colonial Forest Master with pen instead of awl (never saw such a thing), and a Schrade-Walden H-15. I have an H-15, but for $35, how could I not get a spare. I love that knife.
JxSR1v8.jpg

A Question for the clothing designers, tailor's, seamstresses, and others involved in he clothing industry that frequent this forum:

Why ... why ... oh why ... don't coveralls and overalls have belt loops?
It would make it ever so much easier to carry a sheath knife (either (to use the old terminologies) a "hunting knife"/"skinning knife"/"belt knife" or a "large" "folding hunter", such as a Old Timer 25OT/6OT/7OT, or Buck 110.)
(particularly when the overalls/coveralls in question are (a) insulated and (b) camouflage, intended to be worn when hunting.)
Even the "tube pocket" (for lack of a better term/description) on the left shoulder of coveralls, and/or in the center of the bib of bib overalls that could accommodate a folding hunting knife (or other tool), are becoming almost as rare as rooster, guppy, and goldfish teeth :(

Last edited:
A Question for the clothing designers, tailor's, seamstresses, and others involved in he clothing industry that frequent this forum:

Why ... why ... oh why ... don't coveralls and overalls have belt loops?
It would make it ever so much easier to carry a sheath knife (either (to use the old terminologies) a "hunting knife"/"skinning knife"/"belt knife" or a "large" "folding hunter", such as a Old Timer 25OT/6OT/7OT, or Buck 110.)
(particularly when the overalls/coveralls in question are (a) insulated and (b) camouflage, intended to be worn when hunting.)
Even the "tube pocket" (for lack of a better term/description) on the left shoulder of coveralls, and/or in the center of the bib of bib overalls that could accommodate a folding hunting knife (or other tool), are becoming almost as rare as rooster, guppy, and goldfish teeth :(

Carry a Mora. A lot of those pants will have one or more buttons which will hang a Mora sheath.

Back