"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Why ... why ... oh why ... don't coveralls and overalls have belt loops?
Because belt loops are made for a belt, which are made to hold your pants up.
This isn't an issue for coveralls or overalls because they go over the shoulder like suspenders.
You could always embrace your inner Hillbilly (no offense David) and tie a piece of rope around you waist. ;)

Because belt loops are made for a belt, which are made to hold your pants up.
This isn't an issue for coveralls or overalls because they go over the shoulder like suspenders.
You could always embrace your inner Hillbilly (no offense David) and tie a piece of rope around you waist. ;)

A rope was good enough for Jethro and Elly May. (Jed was a suspenders man, I believe.)
FJNR9fm.jpg

I've never been a big Bond fan, but I really enjoyed Connery's performances in The Untouchables and Finding Forrester and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

- GT

Are Goldfinger and Thunderball in your top 5?
The Bond movies in general have never been my cup of tea :rolleyes:, sadly the first Bond movies I can remember growing up starred Timothy Dalton and Remington Steele in the role of James Bond LoL. Needless to say those never won me over ;) I'm not a fan of action movies where 1/3 of the movie is tied up in long vehicle chases, fancy fighting or drawn out gun fights. I lose interest in a hurry... the light saber scenes in Star Wars are JUST long enough to keep me focused LoL. I guess I like more drama/story in my action films like The Fugitive and I love a good satire comedy like Airplane :D I think if I chose a #2 Connery film, for me it would be The Untouchables.

"You carry a badge?"... "Yes."... "Carry a gun."

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
The Bond movies in general have never been my cup of tea :rolleyes:, sadly the first Bond movies I can remember growing up starred Timothy Dalton and Remington Steele in the role of James Bond LoL. Needless to say those never won me over ;) I'm not a fan of action movies where 1/3 of the movie is tied up in long vehicle chases, fancy fighting or drawn out gun fights. I lose interest in a hurry... the light saber scenes in Star Wars are JUST long enough to keep me focused LoL. I guess I like more drama/story in my action films like The Fugitive and I love a good satire comedy like Airplane :D I think if I chose a #2 Connery film, for me it would be The Untouchables.

I LOVE car chases, fancy fighting (especially Bruce Lee movies), and gun fights. Westerns and war movies are my favorite genres. But my favorite film is a romantic comedy: The Quiet Man, with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. There is some fighting in it, but no car chases, and the only gun is used to start a horse race.

I do think Connery was the best Bond, although I really like Roger Moore.

Last edited:
I LOVE car chases, fancy fighting (especially Bruce Lee movies), and gun fights. Westerns and war movies are my favorite genre. But my favorite film is a romantic comedy: The Quiet Man, with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. There is some fighting in it, but no car chases, and the only gun is used to start a horse race.

I do think Connery was the best Bond, although I really like Roger Moore.
Maybe we could agree on "Two Mules for Sister Sara" ? ;):D:thumbsup:

Sounds like you're a "Ronin" man, yes? Love that flick.

I liked early Bond films as they were a bit campy; the later, more serious stuff didn't appeal as much to me. Sir Connery will certainly be missed.

Back