"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

All my knives in one place.
AUjCQ5C.jpg

I went to Harbor Freight looking for one of those wooden tool chests to store my knives in (they had been stored in the top 2 drawers of the blue plastic box you can see there). They were sold out, so I went to Target and got the 3-drawer clear plastic bin for $10 and lined it with adhesive-backed felt.
85Z9HbI.jpg

VpHVFtr.jpg

Seeing my collection like this makes it seem a lot smaller. That’s good for assuaging my guilt over having acquired too much junk, but bad because now I might start thinking that since I don’t have THAT many knives, maybe I could get another one, and after all I was prepared to spend 85 dollars on a cabinet...

Last edited:
AUjCQ5C.jpg

I went to Harbor Freight looking for one of those wooden tool chests to store my knives in (they had been stored in the top 2 drawers of the blue plastic box you can see there). They were sold out, so I went to Target and got the 3-drawer clear plastic bin for $10 and lined it with adhesive-backed felt.
85Z9HbI.jpg

VpHVFtr.jpg

Seeing my collection like this makes it seem a lot smaller. That’s good for assuaging my guilt over having acquired too much junk, but bad because now I might start thinking that since I don’t have THAT many knives, maybe I could get another one, and after all I was prepared to spend 85 dollars on a cabinet...
With your savings on the bins, you can buy more bins!

AUjCQ5C.jpg

85Z9HbI.jpg

VpHVFtr.jpg

You have an excellent collection of 'Peasant Knives' :cool: :thumbsup:

5 years today that a concert did end sadly, along with other coordinated attacks.
Today an army operation in North Mali neutralized an important leader whose name deserves not to be written.
Paris 's coat of arms is Fluctuat Nec Mergitur, She is tossed by the waves, but does not sink.
228px-Grandes_Armes_de_Paris.svg.png
Sorry for the bad mood. :mad:

Found out yesterday one of the staffettes here at the Assisted Living, is a huntress for all game big, small, and fowl, with gun and bow. :)
Today, I discovered her hunting knife is one of the "modern" Buck folders. (she doesn't recall the model number).
I had a Mora 511 or 611, with "Carbone" blade that I wasn't using, and never have used in the 4 ... maybe 5 or so years I'd had it. Nice knife, but it is a "child's knife" as it has a guard.

Anyway, the huntress staffette's eyes got big as saucers, and a huge smile developed on her face, when I handed the Mora to her, and told her it was hers. :D

Some of the big game seasons are just starting. With luck, she can use the Mora on her next Elk and/or Moose. :D

Found out yesterday one of the staffettes here at the Assisted Living, is a huntress for all game big, small, and fowl, with gun and bow. :)
Today, I discovered her hunting knife is one of the "modern" Buck folders. (she doesn't recall the model number).
I had a Mora 511 or 611, with "Carbone" blade that I wasn't using, and never have used in the 4 ... maybe 5 or so years I'd had it. Nice knife, but it is a "child's knife" as it has a guard.

Anyway, the huntress staffette's eyes got big as saucers, and a huge smile developed on her face, when I handed the Mora to her, and told her it was hers. :D

Some of the big game seasons are just starting. With luck, she can use the Mora on her next Elk and/or Moose. :D
That's great.

Funny you can be a hunting nut without being a knife nut.
But I guess it's even possible to be a hunting nut without being a gun nut.

For Christmas about 5 years ago I got a little gadget for my wife called "Phonesoap"... it uses UV rays to "clean" germs/viruses from the surfaces on your smart phone. During this year of the pandemic I found it to be useful for any of my "used" knives... most of them fit within the footprint of the gadget, even when fully open. So simply unwrap the knife, open it up, set it in the gadget, close the lid and wash your hands ;) 15 UV ray soaked minutes later... enjoy :D:thumbsup: Just thought it might be a good Christmas gift idea for the knife lovers :)

Phonesoap.JPG

For Christmas about 5 years ago I got a little gadget for my wife called "Phonesoap"... it uses UV rays to "clean" germs/viruses from the surfaces on your smart phone. During this year of the pandemic I found it to be useful for any of my "used" knives... most of them fit within the footprint of the gadget, even when fully open. So simply unwrap the knife, open it up, set it in the gadget, close the lid and wash your hands ;) 15 UV ray soaked minutes later... enjoy :D:thumbsup: Just thought it might be a good Christmas gift idea for the knife lovers :)

View attachment 1458833

Brilliant! :D :thumbsup:

Back