"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

A murmuration, clutter or constellation of Starlings. From "An Asylum of Loons"

I was out feeding the birds earlier, and there was a huge amount of bird noise. They took off and the sky was full of them. I wasn't quick enough to get a pic. They came back though.

I took these shortly after. It was beginning to feel like a Hitchcock movie.......

Have a great weekend! Be safe!
yqdPiw5.jpg

DhWb5f7.jpg

ya5fmoI.jpg

A murmuration, clutter or constellation of Starlings. From "An Asylum of Loons"

I was out feeding the birds earlier, and there was a huge amount of bird noise. They took off and the sky was full of them. I wasn't quick enough to get a pic. They came back though.

I took these shortly after. It was beginning to feel like a Hitchcock movie.......

Have a great weekend! Be safe!
yqdPiw5.jpg

DhWb5f7.jpg

ya5fmoI.jpg
Wow... I have a lot in my backyard before but nowhere near that many! :eek: Starlings are really pretty though if you can get a close look at one... the iridescent coloration they have is cool.

Wow... I have a lot in my backyard before but nowhere near that many! :eek: Starlings are really pretty though if you can get a close look at one... the iridescent coloration they have is cool.
They are pretty and plentiful! We see them at our feeders sometimes.

Nice captures Gary!!! :thumbsup:
We used to have stately Elm trees throughout our neighborhood in Buffalo! A shady archway covered our block.
When Starlings flocked there, they created their own definition of $hitstorm!!:eek::D
I was hoping they wouldn't fly directly overhead, Charlie!

Gary, I wouldn't be too concerned unless Tippi Hedren shows up! ;)

- GT
Tippi is 90 now! Yikes that makes me feel old! She was a blonde bombshell!

Looks to me like a PEREGRINE'S 5 star restaurant just opened up,
albeit a bit off the normal flight path. ;)
The special of the day is back forty bugs!:D

May I introduce Hitchcock the king of the local Lorikeet flock...
20201121-124438.jpg

These things should catalogued in the book as " A Crime Syndicate of Rainbow Lorikeets".They turn up several times a day and Im forced to handover sunflower seeds...its like the whole pretty polly in a cage deal has been reversed...if the screen door is open he flies into the kitchen ...if you dont have seeds i could leave something for you on the table.

He had a heart attack while taking a nap. He was still at work to the end! A sad day for all the cutlery world! I am going to miss him!
The generous, gentleman knife maker!!:(

Sad news sorry to hear that. My condolences to Tonys Family and friends.

Very sad news about Tony Bose, he always seemed such a nice feller :( I remember Paul Mason telling me several times how kind and helpful Tony had been, and I believe he was equally generous with many other knifemakers. What a wealth of knowledge we have lost. Sincere condolences to his family and friends, the knife world is a poorer place without him :(

Back