"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Watching Gunsmoke with my wife at lunch today and I said to her, "hey, Festus is hanging onto a sheepsfoot jack" to which she replies "yeah he has a stick too, he must be whittling."

Me: Hey look it's a Case

Her: How can you tell?

Me: The jigging on the bone.

Her: Wow, you're quite the nerd.

:D

Looked like it was a 6217... Not sure that was period specific for Dodge, KS but it was for the 1960s ;) Not my picture, courtesy of Google images

4bf3037d00c19eec73d2f8f802683d74.jpg

Watching Gunsmoke with my wife at lunch today and I said to her, "hey, Festus is hanging onto a sheepsfoot jack" to which she replies "yeah he has a stick too, he must be whittling."

Me: Hey look it's a Case

Her: How can you tell?

Me: The jigging on the bone.

Her: Wow, you're quite the nerd.

:D

Looked like it was a 6217... Not sure that was period specific for Dodge, KS but it was for the 1960s ;) Not my picture, courtesy of Google images

View attachment 1466261

Brilliant! :D :D :thumbsup:

Humppa Humppa Servus Andi! Always rewarding to hear of you :cool: I hope you, your family and Bajern are doing well. Happy Christmas.

Regards, Will

Last edited:
Ladies & Gentlemen,

I just wanted to chime in here and leave a quick Hello to the porch.
I hope you all are fine and healthy in these days.

Have a great pre-Christmas time everyone :)

Kind regards
Andi
Nice to see you here Andi! I have been thinking of you, funny coincidence, just last night I cleaned up the Ludwig Groten knife you gifted me and it is in my pocket today! :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Kind regards
Andi
What a nice surprise, good to hear from you Andi!
Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying family get togethers as we approach the Holidays.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Kind regards
Andi
Greetings Andi! It’s great to see you here! :)

uuAKtz7.jpg

MGsVw1e.jpg

JXTIqCp.jpg

Interesting find today, I'm pretty sure its old and I'm sure its never been used. Bought it mostly because it says W R.Case&Sons on it,this is how you know your too deep into collecting lol. (No turning back now;)) Isn't there a straight razor sub forum around here? I'll look around in a bit, I'm still sitting in the parking lot :p Off to look for more treasures :D:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heartwarming replies :)

Great to be still remembered to you folks.

Well, yes - we are doing fine so far. At least the circumstances could be better since this early year. But time will go on and all the things will be over soon, hopefully.

I was rather busy the last few months because I was off for the complete year 2019 due to health issues. There were some restaurations necessary on the house and the usual stuff going on.

Thanks for the heartwarming replies :)

Great to be still remembered to you folks.

Well, yes - we are doing fine so far. At least the circumstances could be better since this early year. But time will go on and all the things will be over soon, hopefully.

I was rather busy the last few months because I was off for the complete year 2019 due to health issues. There were some restaurations necessary on the house and the usual stuff going on.
Hey, Andi. I got my jagdnicker. It's a narrow tang, but it's a Hubertus. (Please don't tell me if I've made a terrible mistake.)
si28zpo.jpg

(The Schrade pro-hunter sheath lets me hang the pocket sheath on my belt.)

Interesting find today, I'm pretty sure its old and I'm sure its never been used. Bought it mostly because it says W R.Case&Sons on it,this is how you know your too deep into collecting lol. (No turning back now;)) Isn't there a straight razor sub forum around here? I'll look around in a bit, I'm still sitting in the parking lot :p Off to look for more treasures :D:thumbsup:
Yup, there is a razor sub-forum. And I see you found it.
Interesting find. I've never been interested in using a straight razor. I had enough problems using the old Gillette blade razors, which resulted in frequent use of a styptic pencil.

Yup, there is a razor sub-forum. And I see you found it.
Interesting find. I've never been interested in using a straight razor. I had enough problems using the old Gillette blade razors, which resulted in frequent use of a styptic pencil.
I have been thinking about trying it but it's enough work for me to get a razor sharp edge on a jackknife, let alone one I plan to scrape my face with LoL :D I have used Gillette's ever since they came out with the 2-blade Sensor, everything up until then was dangerous. All of the disposable razors were outright scary for me. Once razor's became equal to the price of gold I really just quit shaving regularly. Fortunately my job and my wife are both OK with me being getting "duded up" about 5 times a year. ;)

Time to go Google what "New Orthophonic" High Fidelity is...

Capture.JPG

From the interwebs...

"Orthophonic was the Victor Talking Machine Company slogan in 1925 for their new recording process: Electric groove cutting via Western Electric microphones rather than the old acoustic horn ... and until RCA Victor came up with 'LIVING STEREO' , that's what you would read on most of their '50s labels, too, including Red Seal shaded pups, I think also true for mono pressings during the LS days, IIRC...."

and until RCA Victor came up with 'LIVING STEREO'

Anyone else remember the time RCA solved the problem of demonstrating stereophonic sound to folks who didn’t own a stereo phonograph? In the late fifties they simulcast an NBC TV show on NBC radio, with one stereo channel on the TV and the other on the radio. I still remember following the instructions to set up the radio so many feet to one side of the TV (I forget which side the radio was supposed to be on) and standing back so many feet from both to experience stereo sound. It’s funny what we got excited about back then.

Back