"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Id "grown up" by the time big wheels and green machines came in....but as a kid in the 70s......skid carts.,
I too was I child in the 1970s. The Krazy Kar already existed then, and Big Wheels too if I recall correctly, at least here in the States. I never had either one, but I remember them. Skid carts sound way more fun, though. We just built ramps to jump our bikes off of.

I was a child of the 70's being born in 71. I had both a "Green Machine" and a Schwinn "Pea Picker" bike. The Green Machine was probably about 1980 and the bike about 1984. Also, an old 303 British (without a bolt) for playing "Army" in the backyard. Good times spent outdoors playing. Before video games but not by much. Atari was just becoming a thing.
sFmNb22.jpg

fYWCIpV.jpg

The Schwinn Sting Ray. What an icon.

I built my own from my old Western Flyer 20” prior to the introduction of the Sting Ray. I was on vacation with my folks in Florida about 1962 and saw a guy riding the coolest looking bike. I bought the handlebars and banana seat at a bike shop in Daytona. It was a lot of fun to ride.

I was a child of the 70's being born in 71. I had both a "Green Machine" and a Schwinn "Pea Picker" bike. The Green Machine was probably about 1980 and the bike about 1984. Also, an old 303 British (without a bolt) for playing "Army" in the backyard. Good times spent outdoors playing. Before video games but not by much. Atari was just becoming a thing.
sFmNb22.jpg

fYWCIpV.jpg

with an old baseball card for the spokes!

This year I got out the black bike that was abandoned on my old lawn. The gear cables are rusted up. Next year I'll take that to a shop and get it cleaned up, perhaps. And or perhaps get out the bike I bought in 1986 and rode about two miles. But I might be ready for a tricycle. "Just like riding a bike" to me now means "You'll run into trees and fall off".

This year I got out the black bike that was abandoned on my old lawn. The gear cables are rusted up. Next year I'll take that to a shop and get it cleaned up, perhaps. And or perhaps get out the bike I bought in 1986 and rode about two miles. But I might be ready for a tricycle. "Just like riding a bike" to me now means "You'll run into trees and fall off".
This trike is helping my life move along!!Trike 1.jpg

This trike is helping my life move along!!View attachment 1491464
Please raise your seat about a inch...inch Anna Half. Leg hould be almost straight at bottom of the stroke. Much easier on the knees. Trust me. :)

Miami Sun "Traditional"? Mine's purple with optional 7 speed and disc rear brake. :)
Unfortunately, thanks to the Covid pan(ic)demic and Governor Brad Little's assisted living lockdown, I haven't been able to ride it since February 4 or 5. :( Only 18 or 19 miles last year, not my normal 5,000 to 7,000. :( Knees and hips are gotten weak, sore, and stiff now. :( )

Tracked the package from that TN store. The two yeller Rough Ryder Barlow were allegedly delivered yesterday. :D I sure hope they hand out yesterday' mail today. We usually get mail the day after it arrives ....
(Edit at 01:40, Sunday):
but not Saturday yesterday, and probably not Sunday today. :(

Last edited:
Back