"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

A former neighbour of mine started feeding some feral cats, within days there were 15 of them, and then a bunch of them had kittens. There were probably 40 or 50 cats by the end of the summer. Eventually, a lady from the local cat shelter came along with a basket every week, and one by one took them away. My prayers were answered when they eventually came and took my stupid neighbour away too! :D
Don't get me started on cat people! :D;)
That's a joke folks!

I'm not a cat person but I do like the occasional feral cat or any other cat that strolls through our place as they keep the mice down along with the occasional snake and the pesky, dirty, Robins at bay.

I had no idea!
I guess I won't go on again about Annette O'Toole and Nastassia Kinski.
But rhyming with cats, my doctor says we should assume I was bitten by the bats in my bedroom, and I have to get rabies shots. Fortunately the vaccine seems to have improved since the days when Marcus Welby MD was in for a course of 14 shots in the abdomen.

Hello all. I’m in ICU fighting Covid. Could be a long fight from what they say. Keep me in your thoughts if you please. Thanks friends.

But rhyming with cats, my doctor says we should assume I was bitten by the bats in my bedroom, and I have to get rabies shots. Fortunately the vaccine seems to have improved since the days when Marcus Welby MD was in for a course of 14 shots in the abdomen.
Sorry guys. We will be praying for your quick and complete recovery.

I had no idea!
Had to look that one up. I knew who Malcolm McDowell was, but had never heard of Cat People. 😁
You're both lucky, I had to sit through it at the cinema! :eek: :D
Hello all. I’m in ICU fighting Covid. Could be a long fight from what they say. Keep me in your thoughts if you please. Thanks friends.
Very sorry to hear this Rookie, hope you're going to be ok. Rooting for you here, as I'm sure a lot of folks are :thumbsup:
But rhyming with cats, my doctor says we should assume I was bitten by the bats in my bedroom, and I have to get rabies shots. Fortunately the vaccine seems to have improved since the days when Marcus Welby MD was in for a course of 14 shots in the abdomem
You've got bats in your bedroom Jer?! Hope you're going to be ok buddy :thumbsup:

Wait.....what?!
That's what I said, but with horror.
Sorry guys. We will be praying for your quick and complete recovery.
Thanks. I'll be praying for Rookie82 Rookie82 , but I don't think I rate a lot of prayers for my bats and rabies.
You've got bats in your bedroom Jer?! Hope you're going to be ok buddy
Yeah. I had one maybe three years ago, and couldn't find an entry point, so I thought it must have tumbled down the water heater flue pipe. So when I got one last Monday, I figured two bats down a flue in three years wasn't an outrageous coincidence. I successfully remonstrated with that one, and was quite relaxed the next night, till I was awakened by the flubbity flubbity of another bat, and when I turned on the light I saw there were two of them wheeling around me. I successfully remonstrated with one, but the other made itself scarce.

Professional help is expensive, but he's got the chimney flues all sealed up with screens and caps, and a one-way bat valve on the apparent entry point in the soffit. I could have extemporized a bat valve with flashing, but I don't do rooves, so it's worth it.
So they should be gone, but I've been sleeping sealed up in the back bedroom (after my week's absence), because I'm such a coward.

As for the rabies, I don't think I was bitten, and they're usually not rabid anyway, but it's common to not feel a bat bite, and the vaccine is apparently a standard precaution. My doctor is a genius and a saint, so I do what she says.

I'll cheer them up in the emergency room by singing Werewolves of London.

Back