"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

it's common to not feel a bat bite, and the vaccine is apparently a standard precaution.
I had a bat in my living room a few years ago. I chased it around with a broom until I finally trapped it in a corner on top of some curtains, then using some heavy gloves and a cloth, I picked it up and released it outside. It was baring its teeth at me and generally being uncooperative the whole time. I called the health department afterwards and they said unless there was a bite with broken skin, there was nothing to report.

Those things are incredibly agile in flight… 🦇

That's what I said, but with horror.

Thanks. I'll be praying for Rookie82 Rookie82 , but I don't think I rate a lot of prayers for my bats and rabies.

Yeah. I had one maybe three years ago, and couldn't find an entry point, so I thought it must have tumbled down the water heater flue pipe. So when I got one last Monday, I figured two bats down a flue in three years wasn't an outrageous coincidence. I successfully remonstrated with that one, and was quite relaxed the next night, till I was awakened by the flubbity flubbity of another bat, and when I turned on the light I saw there were two of them wheeling around me. I successfully remonstrated with one, but the other made itself scarce.

Professional help is expensive, but he's got the chimney flues all sealed up with screens and caps, and a one-way bat valve on the apparent entry point in the soffit. I could have extemporized a bat valve with flashing, but I don't do rooves, so it's worth it.
So they should be gone, but I've been sleeping sealed up in the back bedroom (after my week's absence), because I'm such a coward.

As for the rabies, I don't think I was bitten, and they're usually not rabid anyway, but it's common to not feel a bat bite, and the vaccine is apparently a standard precaution. My doctor is a genius and a saint, so I do what she says.

I'll cheer them up in the emergency room by singing Werewolves of London.
Oh, man 😧 I was hoping I had misunderstood. Good luck with that and I'm glad to hear the vaccine isn't as nasty as it used to be.

Hello all. I’m in ICU fighting Covid. Could be a long fight from what they say. Keep me in your thoughts if you please. Thanks friends.
But rhyming with cats, my doctor says we should assume I was bitten by the bats in my bedroom, and I have to get rabies shots. Fortunately the vaccine seems to have improved since the days when Marcus Welby MD was in for a course of 14 shots in the abdomen.
Those are less than ideal situations! I'll be praying for both of you and your health care providers.

- GT

Hello all. I’m in ICU fighting Covid. Could be a long fight from what they say. Keep me in your thoughts if you please. Thanks friends.
Yikes!! I am, and will be thinking of you, Rookie!!
All the best to You and your Caregivers!!
My younger brother went through COVID, and months later he still is feeling its effects, although he's able to work some!
My niece had it twice!!😲 And is fit and sassy as a fiddle!! I hope you heal like she did, without the repeat!! :rolleyes:

Back