"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Now you have me looking through old nature shots! I'll post a few.
Let it be known that I had a traditional knife in my pocket when everyone of these was taken! ;)🔪
iUVG2EA.jpg

SkHCLDz.jpg

XyZkoVM.jpg

KDhOEQ8.jpg

KoiLsAg.jpg

This baby fawn was left by mom while she went foraging, which is common. We saw her return later in the day.
40JZojL.jpg

OK, I'll stop now. These were all taken in our backyard, which is about 1.5 acres, and is bordered by a green corridor which invites a lot of wildlife.
Very cool Gary, thanks for sharing them! 😎👍

Can't OD on wildlife in my view, we are lucky to have access to beauty- in a world that is all too often ugly.

Taken in the centre of town from my former kitchen window 6th December 2017 Finland's centenary of independence 1917 6th December. Rusakko/ Fält hare / Brown Hare in winter coat.

Dinner and dessert were “on the house” today - all I had to do was spend a few hours scrambling up and down steep muddy banks along the river. I’m a little sore but had a lot of fun.

I think this will be the last week for pawpaws - the ground in the woods where they grow was littered with fallen fruit and the fragrant smell was amazing. I found a few still on the tree, and managed to find a few freshly fallen ones before they turned to mush, or the critters got to them.

I’m amazed I managed to land the +/- 20” catfish with my tiny telescoping rod and 6lb. test line. I had to haul him up about a 6’ vertical bank covered in thick weeds, and when I got him to the top I found he was barely hooked by the nose.

At my parent’s house yesterday:

I don't usually post here, but I saw a headline that was kind of funny, it said "Woman Run Pocketknife Business " but I thought it said "Woman RUIN Pocket Knife Business." I couldn't help but think it seems like every time we're in Branson and I say to my wife "Why don't you drop me off at the Case store and you guys go to the outlets" she always counters with "I'll just come in with you" and I know at that point I'm coming out with maybe one basic knife, and not the two nice knives I was thinking about.
Yeah, Woman do ruin the pocket knife Business, I think that shop owner would be a lot richer if wives didn't come in too.

Dinner and dessert were “on the house” today - all I had to do was spend a few hours scrambling up and down steep muddy banks along the river. I’m a little sore but had a lot of fun.

I think this will be the last week for pawpaws - the ground in the woods where they grow was littered with fallen fruit and the fragrant smell was amazing. I found a few still on the tree, and managed to find a few freshly fallen ones before they turned to mush, or the critters got to them.

I’m amazed I managed to land the +/- 20” catfish with my tiny telescoping rod and 6lb. test line. I had to haul him up about a 6’ vertical bank covered in thick weeds, and when I got him to the top I found he was barely hooked by the nose.

At my parent’s house yesterday:
Great catch Tom! 😊👍
Great pics, Gary! I've probably posted some of these before, but they're fun to see again.

Cooper's Hawk
PSlu6z4.jpg

Atqu7Ah.jpg

Alaskan Moose (at 25 yards)
LBSpRN5.jpg

Barred Owl
OolWCeL.jpg

Whitetail Doe
xgenzFv.jpg

Red Fox
i9ZDbiV.jpg

Easter Bunny 😉
gAVldk1.jpg
Great pictures Jeff, but like everyone else, I gotta say the Easter bunny steals the show! 😎👍

If I were to see that out of my window, I might be tempted to drink some Bourbon of the same name and open fire!;)

Christmas Dinner sorted...:D
Oh it's crossed my mind a few times! ;)
Thanks! They show up pretty much every day for some bird seed. I figure they're eating any deer ticks they come across also.

Back