"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

This might be the right time & place to announce,then... This late Spring,my Son Ryan made Eagle Scout.Passed his Regents & all classes this year,his 11th.

Also,this year,while alotta you knife nuts I know,were at Blade,I was at the Relay For Life event.One of the Chiefs of the Greenport NY Fire house,got me on the side to tell me my wife passed her tests,hands on & written ( after 911,standardized)& is now a full fledged volunteer firefighter.

I'll raise a glass & say I'm real pleased & proud,of both of them
-Vince

This might be the right time & place to announce,then... This late Spring,my Son Ryan made Eagle Scout.Passed his Regents & all classes this year,his 11th.

Also,this year,while alotta you knife nuts I know,were at Blade,I was at the Relay For Life event.One of the Chiefs of the Greenport NY Fire house,got me on the side to tell me my wife passed her tests,hands on & written (no ,after 911,standardized)& is now a full fledged volunteer firefighter.

-Vince

Congratulations Vince! All of that is way more important than a knife will ever be. :thumbup:

Congratulations to all three of you Vince!

Since I like the mornings so much, I am not much of a drinker anymore, but do have a sip or two now and then and if you are inclined help yourself and or have a seat. :cool:

Been working on quarterly taxes today and could use a break with good company. :)

welcome.jpg

Elliott, those are nice cigars, but the Cuban Partagas Serie D #4 is a lot better than the Lusitanias.

I'll take what's behind door #1 and #4 please! :cool::thumbup:

Elliott, those are nice cigars, but the Cuban Partagas Serie D #4 is a lot better than the Lusitanias.

Rob, as a retired federal agent I'm not about to tell tales out of school.
(At least not in Carl's Lounge...:p)

'Nuff said. ;)

Gus, I haven't had a drink in almost 20 years, but oh how I loved 18 year old Glenlivet.

As a retired federal agent I'm not about to tell tales out of school.
(At least not in Carl's Lounge...:p)

'Nuff said. ;)

Hey, I only smoke Cubans when I'm out of the country.

The ones I have at home that say Habanos are just cheap knock-offs. ;)

I don't smoke those stinky things,but most guys I know who do,well,they all say,they get them from falling off the back of trucks.They must ride around looking for that or something.
-Vince

Gus, I haven't had a drink in almost 20 years, but oh how I loved 18 year old Glenlivet.

Twenty years is an awesome accomplishment.

That bottle was given to me as a gift 3 years ago last Christmas I might have a little left if I am around in 20 years, na if I leave it out here, it will be enjoyed quickly. :eek:

Twenty years is an awesome accomplishment.

That bottle was given to me as a gift 3 years ago last Christmas I might have a little left if I am around in 20 years, na if I leave it out here, it will be enjoyed quickly. :eek:

It wouldn't have lasted me a night! :eek:

Congrats to you, your wife and son, Vince! I would be real happy and proud myself.

Also,this year,while alotta you knife nuts I know,were at Blade,I was at the Relay For Life event.One of the Chiefs of the Greenport NY Fire house,got me on the side to tell me my wife passed her tests,hands on & written ( after 911,standardized)& is now a full fledged volunteer firefighter.

-Vince

Vince, I'll raise a glass or three to them both. Great going both of them!

Carl.

Congratulations to your wife and son Vince. Those are both worthy accomplishments.

I like this lounge. I quit smoking years ago but I've been known to tip a few now and again. Cheers to all my traditional friends.

-Vince

That's great news Vince! All the best to the family!

Back