"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. I posted up a few knives in the exchange. I'm trying to unload, and mrknife (Jack) sent me a really nice A Wright Lambs Foot with some attractive horn covers. Thank you Jack. I'll pass that on to my grandson. I don't believe he has a Lambs Foot in his collection.
Paul H. Thanks for the extremely uplifting message. Sorry I missed your call last night. I will be in touch this weekend when you're not so busy.

I would like to thank all my friends and family here on the Porch for all the kindness, thoughts, prayers, support and love you have shown me during my stay here.

I don't know what to say, Bob, so I'll say this: You're one of my favorite people on the Porch, a good dude through and through, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." -- Leonard Nimoy

I don't know what to say, Bob, so I'll say this: You're one of my favorite people on the Porch, a good dude through and through, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." -- Leonard Nimoy
Thank you so much. My memory is filled with perfect moments. Many of them spent right here on the Porch.

BigBiscuit BigBiscuit Bob, I am truly grieved to stumble across this news. I don't REALLY know you, but I did have the pleasure of trading with you quite a while back now for one of my favorite knives, a TC Barlow. Just from the little bit of interaction we had, as well as your posts on the forum, I could easily tell you're one of the good guys. I am so very sorry to hear of this turn in your health brother.

My wife and I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer.

Bob, very sorry about this news. My prayers go out for you and your family.

Bob, a friend informed me of your present condition. I have parted ways with the form, but I still hold several here close in mind, and in prayer. Forgive me, as I do not have pm. I only sign in to say that you are loved my friend.

What a cold and truthful teacher death is it reveals the vapor that is life. It causes so much pain, anger, and confusion. Yet, it teaches the truth of joy and that is to find the gift of life in the moment. A man can truly learn more from its coldness than that of joy in birth.

I want remind you that you and I will shake hands one day with glorified bodies that will never grow old my friend. Tears of sadness will turn to tears of praise and joy. Our spirit will be that of strength and ability. Our being will be that of glory, of finished regeneration, and the finished work in sanctification. We will meet our savior. The one who lived without flaw, crucified in our place as a propition for our sins, and in so doing took the full wrath of God we so deserve. Yet, He lives and in His resurrection has given us His full righteousness so we may stand before God innocent of all sin. On the day of judgement, we will only hear the eternal life sentence of righteousness. What a glorious day it will be to see His face!

Bob, you have modeled courage and strength beyond any praise can muster here. Your light has given happiness to many and I, for one, am thankful for you. Thank you for sharpening and forging us all into better people. Prayers for you and your family. I hope they know what a champion you are. I hope they come to know peace and strength that can only be found in Him.

Finish the race in faith my friend that you are His, remembering it is by His grace alone.

Romans 3, John 3, Ephesians 3

Bob, we haven't had many interactions here, but you hold a very special chair on The Porch. Thank you for your time, wisdom, and humor. We've all benefited from it. You are loved. God speed, and wishes of love to you and your family.

All the best.

-Shawn

I'm ready for the next chapter, but I ask that you think and pray for my family. They are really doing a great job taking care of me. I will try to pop in from time to time when I'm up to it. I may be passing on some good deals on some of my knives soon. I won't be needing them as I travel to my new destination.
Thank you again for everything. Much love to all. :(:)

Very sorry to hear this news, Bob. You have been an uplifting presence on the Traditional forum. We are blessed to have known you whatever our interactions have been. May God bless you and your family, He will watch over you.

I don’t come over to Carl’s corner of the porch very often. And I hate to come in and read about you bob. Man, I dont ever know what to say. So I’ll just keep praying for you and especially your family and that grandson. I know y’all where close and I hope he grows to be fond f the time y’all had together. Amen, brother.

BigBiscuit BigBiscuit
Bob, we haven't spoken directly except for a few times. Each time we did, I enjoyed it. I have a beer that has been aging since 2010, and I have been saving it for a memorable occasion.
Seems only fitting that I raise a matured, refined, balanced and rare drink to a man of similar attribute.

Thank you for everything that you brought to us, from insight to laughs. They were always appreciated.

Prayers will be sent from NJ over a pint in your honor.

Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes

Bob I've not been on here today but wanted to join the others that have wished you well. Bob you meet some folks in this world that you just click with and that's how I feel with you my friend. We have so much in common and I've been able to talk with you about a lot of those things I just didn't feel I could talk to others about because I didn't think they could understand. You my friend have had such similar circumstances I knew you understood. You are a great and kind friend to me and many others and you are always putting your friends before yourself. If this path you seem to be on now takes you to the other side before me I will see there my friend and you and I will be able to run with the best of them. I have to tell you though brother I am very sadden by this turn of events and if you do leave before me I will miss you terribly. What an honor it is to be your friend.

BigBiscuit BigBiscuit Bob I have been slow to post because quite frankly I didn’t have the words to express my feelings. You were my first friend here on the Porch. You introduced me to your kindness and generosity with a surprise beautiful green gift that I will always cherish. But the greatest gift you have given me is one that will last an eternity, your friendship. Over the years I have watched time and time again as you were always there for the rest of us. Whether it was with your knife knowledge or your kindness and generosity. You have been a blessing to us all. I am a better person for my short time knowing you. It is an honor to call you my friend! We have a saying here in the south, “Biscuits are good, but Big Biscuits are the best! Your the best Bob! Prayers for you and your family Bob. We love you my friend!

Bob, you were very kind and generous from the start to a rank knife rookie. I am sure a lot of my questions and comments were painfully obvious but you always made me feel heard and respected. It is in a very large part because of you that I stuck around and fell in love with traditional knives. You were my first knife trade, my first gifted knife, and the source of a lot of my personal growth. There are some people that are worthy of love, respect, and admiration whether you physically meet them or not. You are one such man sir. Thank you for your shining example, as a “younger” man it is precious. Prayers, love and smoke.

Last edited:
Bob, what a very sad news. We haven't had any direct interactions, but you and your family are in my thoughts. I wish you and yours a lot of strength in these hard times.

Bob,
smoke and prayers for those you are leaving behind.
It's been good getting to know you through your posts and the comments others have said about you.

My son gave us some deer meat so I made a big pot of White Tail Stew and a pan of biscuits. Today is rainy, cold (37 degrees) and I think this is a great match for the weather.:D

1Bfu6xN.jpg

Back