"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

"Home is where the heart is," is especially true in your case, Gev, and I'm so glad of it. I had a heart attack four years ago, and you really do appreciate things in a different way, afterwards. Welcome back, and I'm praying for a full and complete recovery.

Gev I’ve been missing you my friend and wandered what was going on. Thankful your home now and prayers for a full and swift recovery!

Gev, wow, glad you are still here, brother! As I used to say after my heart issues in '09, "it's better to be seen than viewed".

Now, make sure you do whatever the doctor says for you to do. Unless it's to give up knives. That's where I'd draw the line.

So glad to hear you're home and OK, Gev.

My thoughts will be with you during your recovery, my friend.

Thanks for thinking of us and checking in here. Rest up well. Life really does take on a special radiance after facing the alternative.

I really appreciate your thoughts and I feel the radiance indeed !! You are a fine man my friend !

GEV!!!- I had no idea :eek:
Thank goodness You came out ok my friend.
You take Care ok my friend- we simply cannot afford to loose another great guy here. :thumbsup:
I had an intuition it was on the horizon and that intuition saved me. Your thoughts you put to words in Bob's thread touched me my friend.
You are one special man Duncan

Glad you are home Gev!! A good sign.:thumbsup:
Hope you heal fast, and prosper. As Duncan says, we need you around here!!!
Charlie, I am amazed by the extraordinary skills of the surgeons with a knife ! Thank you kind Sir !

So glad you're ok Gev :eek: And that you're home. Hope you heal well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack, I thought of you often and the kindness you have shown me my friend ! My sister brought me a No. 6 Norfolk Street pearl that had been on the way, to the hospital. I 'll get pics today !

Good grief Gev!

Glad to hear you are okay sir. Rest up and have a speedy recovery sir.

All the best
Thom

Thom, thank you my friend. The recovery in mind blowing so far. This has healed so many physical issue I had no idea were related.

Gev I'm really sorry you had to go through that buddy but I sure am glad you came out on the other side. Take care of yourself and do the things the doctor says.
Randy, I had the determination of a commando. I was walking in my room a day after surgery. Doing my breathing and meditation exercises with that same mind set. It really makes all the difference. Thank you my friend !

Gev, glad you are on the mend, my friend. You are in my prayers for a quick and complete recovery.
Your prayer mean the world to me my friend!!
Thank you !

"Home is where the heart is," is especially true in your case, Gev, and I'm so glad of it. I had a heart attack four years ago, and you really do appreciate things in a different way, afterwards. Welcome back, and I'm praying for a full and complete recovery.

Jeff, Thank you and you are so right !! My first one 7 years ago really opened my eyes !! I will keep you in my prayers as well my friend.

Gev I’ve been missing you my friend and wandered what was going on. Thankful your home now and prayers for a full and swift recovery!
Ron, it all worked out as if the universe had a plan ! Thank you so much for your prayers, my friend. It really means a lot form such a fine man with such a big heart !

Gev, wow, glad you are still here, brother! As I used to say after my heart issues in '09, "it's better to be seen than viewed".

Now, make sure you do whatever the doctor says for you to do. Unless it's to give up knives. That's where I'd draw the line.

Thank you , brother ! I'll do far more than they tell me to do. I am so grateful for a new beginning :) The passion only grew stronger ;)

Wonderful how things are working out for you Gev. Especially good to hear of other physical issues resolved. Keep up the good work commando, heal fast and feel strong soon!

It sounds like you're bouncing back with determination, resilience, and a very positive mindset Gev, and that you have yet another treasure my friend :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 795161
It really is amazing the difference this time. The surgeon is the master with his blade. See attachment. Tree of Life ? lol

Wonderful how things are working out for you Gev. Especially good to hear of other physical issues resolved. Keep up the good work commando, heal fast and feel strong soon!
Vision...thoracic spine pain ( just gone, so much more here I wont go into )...mental clarity..fine motor skills in left arm...:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you !

Pic or it did not happen. Post Op 7 days ( will delete pic soon...Brett may get upset with me...lol )

Last edited:
I see another Let's See Your Pictorals thread looming! :D Great stuff Gev :thumbsup:

I can also tell you the funny story about how one of my tubes got stuck, and they had to take me back in the OR. I was out for it, but I can only imagine the surgeon with his foot against the table yanking it out!

I see another Let's See Your Pectorals thread looming! :D Great stuff Gev :thumbsup:

LOL oh no!! I edited out the pic...lol ! I forgot to say it was good to see the ole red Case and that pic :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can also tell you the funny story about how one of my tubes got stuck, and they had to take me back in the OR. I was out for it, but I can only imagine the surgeon with his foot against the table yanking it out!
Holy:eek: Glad we can laugh about it now Glenn;) It was weird feeling but mine were quick and easy. Two big ones on day and a few days later the hand grenade small ones, Thanks for the laugh...I think...lol...it hurts to laugh:)

LOL oh no!! I edited out the pic...lol ! I forgot to say it was good to see the ole red Case and that pic :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Holy:eek: Glad we can laugh about it now Glenn;) It was weird feeling but mine were quick and easy. Two big ones on day and a few days later the hand grenade small ones, Thanks for the laugh...I think...lol...it hurts to laugh:)

I have got the Case in my pocket, and am wearing my mountain pendant :)

I'm not looking forward to climbing that particular mountain though! :eek: :thumbsup:

I have got the Case in my pocket, and am wearing my mountain pendant :)

I'm not looking forward to climbing that particular mountain though! :eek: :thumbsup:

Very cool :):):D I look forward to doing more glass work ;) Too cool that you have it on my friend !

Me either...the only mountain I need to climb right now is my pillow...lol !!

Very cool :):):D I look forward to doing more glass work ;) Too cool that you have it on my friend !

Me either...the only mountain I need to climb right now is my pillow...lol !!

It's greatly treasured my friend :) :thumbsup:

Rest in Everlasting peace Bob. I will pray for that same peace for your family.

I am grateful for this life. I survived a heart attack on Nov 3 and after quad open heart surgery.....I am home tonight and doing well. Missed you all and thought about you frequently :) Life is amazing.

Let this not be about me, just wanted to tell my family ;)
My Dad, when he was surprised, used to sometimes say, "Man Alive!" And, Gev, I'm certainly surprised by the news of your heart attack, but I'm so glad you're literally still a man alive, and back home!! :eek::(:thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope you can stick with the rehab program and soon be strong as an ox!! Thanks for letting us know about your situation, Gev, and I'll be using that Case Sodbuster Jr I won in Bob's GAW to remind me to pray thankfully for your survival and to pray for your complete recovery (I suppose that SBJr is my "Protestant rosary"). :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

- GT

My Dad, when he was surprised, used to sometimes say, "Man Alive!" And, Gev, I'm certainly surprised by the news of your heart attack, but I'm so glad you're literally still a man alive, and back home!! :eek::(:thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope you can stick with the rehab program and soon be strong as an ox!! Thanks for letting us know about your situation, Gev, and I'll be using that Case Sodbuster Jr I won in Bob's GAW to remind me to pray thankfully for your survival and to pray for your complete recovery (I suppose that SBJr is my "Protestant rosary"). :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

- GT
Your a beautiful man, Gary ! I suppose I have a few "Protestant rosary" knives. Earlene ...the black one in my avatar in one :D Thank you fine Sir !

Gev, I just don't pop into this thread that often and I see you were dealt quite a hand my friend...I am so THANKFUL for a positive outcome:thumbsup: Now as others have said...LISTEN to the advice given, go slow (for now) and in no time you'll return to the STUMP;)

GLAD your better buddy:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rest in Everlasting peace Bob. I will pray for that same peace for your family.

I am grateful for this life. I survived a heart attack on Nov 3 and after quad open heart surgery.....I am home tonight and doing well. Missed you all and thought about you frequently :) Life is amazing.

Let this not be about me, just wanted to tell my family ;)
It is GREAT to have you back Gevo . I was thinking about sending you an E-Mail because I had not seen you for a while . I for one am very grateful for the advances in the medical profession that you now can be back home in a weeks time .
Keep well my friend !!!!!

Harry

Back