"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

We had some visitors today. They stopped by to gossip at the back yard fence. A 4-point buck and a doe with her two yearling fawns.

JqQjRC1.jpg

One of the most annoying things that seems to happen more often than it should. I take the weekend off work so I can go hunting with my dad on Saturday, and spend time with my wife and daughter on Sunday and work on the house, and instead I come down with the stomach flu and end up laying in bed for 48 hours. :(

One of the most annoying things that seems to happen more often than it should. I take the weekend off work so I can go hunting with my dad on Saturday, and spend time with my wife and daughter on Sunday and work on the house, and instead I come down with the stomach flu and end up laying in bed for 48 hours. :(

Murphy's Law :( Hope you're feeling better soon :thumbsup:

It took a while but I'm getting along OK now. Hopefully everyone is feeling happy and healthy for Thanksgiving in a few days. I'm going to my sister's house with my family, and my parents, grandparents, uncles, and a few cousins will all be there. But we all live in the same town and see each other all the time anyways, so it's not like it's a big get together the way that some families make the Holiday's into.

I just finished some substantial kitchen clean-up after my wife and daughter baked a bunch of cookies, breads, pies, and bars for tomorrow, and I want to echo Jake's sentiment: I hope everyone has a safe, happy, and grateful Thanksgiving!

- GT

Pres. Lincoln establishes Thanksgiving as a National Holiday. Oct. 3 1863

..."I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens..." Abraham Lincoln
http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/thanks.htm

Happy Thanksgiving to All !!!

It took a while but I'm getting along OK now. Hopefully everyone is feeling happy and healthy for Thanksgiving in a few days. I'm going to my sister's house with my family, and my parents, grandparents, uncles, and a few cousins will all be there. But we all live in the same town and see each other all the time anyways, so it's not like it's a big get together the way that some families make the Holiday's into.
Still nice that your family bothers to get together. Some families that see each other all the time don't.

Well, I have to say it does not feel much like Thanksgiving to me here in San Diego. 88 degrees outside and I'm on antibiotics trying to kill the bug that's been trying to kill me for the last three weeks. No "adult beverages" for me this year.

Howsoever, I do wish you all the very best Thanksgiving. My warmest wishes to you and yours.

Well, I have to say it does not feel much like Thanksgiving to me here in San Diego. 88 degrees outside and I'm on antibiotics trying to kill the bug that's been trying to kill me for the last three weeks. No "adult beverages" for me this year.

Howsoever, I do wish you all the very best Thanksgiving. My warmest wishes to you and yours.

I'm surprised my mom isn't complaining about the heat. I'd rather be in SD than here. Instead of turkey my mom would cook everybody (usually just my parents and my brother and I) each an individual Cornish game hen. I'll hopefully make it to SD early next year. I miss home cooking, but we'll probably stick to restaurants like Hodads or Lefty's.

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Frank. Nothing sucks worse than having time off that you could otherwise enjoy and being sick anyway. We had our first real cool weather here in my area the past few days. I think it even got down below freezing one night this week. Forecast is for pretty pleasant weather, though. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the 40s. That's ususally October weather around here, not late November.

I am sitting here at my desk at work for another couple of hours. Today was the calm before the storm, which starts tomorrow.

Back