"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

A good day to be inside in Central New York.
RpfZLmE.jpg
Whoa! That is New York for sure. I’d rather have the snow than just 15 degrees?

I was never a superstitious person growing up, but it seems as though, without my conscious choice, that's changing. At halftime of the Saints/Vikings game, with the Saints down 17-0, I trimmed my Playoff Beard down to a goatee. The Saints came back! Took the lead! Lost the game on a last second play.

...Maybe I should have shaved the beard completely.

Does this mean I'm going to like baseball now?

Haven’t been around much lately but just wanted to check in. My mom had a bad fall on December 10th and passed away very unexpectedly due to complications on January 4th. I have missed the Porch and the comaraderie here, and am going to try to be more active.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family, Tom. The worst way to start a new year, no doubt. Please know that my family and I have you folks in our thoughts and I hope that you all can recover and find hope and joy in your mother's memory.

In An October visit to NO, I watched a Saints game at my hosts home. I had never followed them, or liked them much, but took a mild rooting interest this year as a result of that afternoon.
That game was nuts. My wife said, “Did that just happen?”

I’m still trying to catch my breath. Skol.

Tom I'm so sorry to hear this. Nobody in this world is as special as a persons Mom. Our prayers are with you and your family. God bless you all.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family, Tom. The worst way to start a new year, no doubt. Please know that my family and I have you folks in our thoughts and I hope that you all can recover and find hope and joy in your mother's memory.

Thanks Randy and Dylan, much appreciated.

I enjoy cooking outdoors, but this time of year that often means getting started in the waning light. On the plus side, it led to this picture of my charcoal chimney doing its thing. I liked how it turned out, so I thought I’d share it here.

hmAbMWph.jpg

Happy cooking, everyone.

Last edited:
I enjoy cooking outdoors, but this time of year that often means getting started in the waning light. On the plus side, it led to this picture of my charcoal chimney doing its thing. I liked how it turned out, so I thought I’d share it here.

hmAbMWph.jpg

Happy cooking, everyone.

Cool pic Greg :thumbsup:

Snowing here too. Temps hovering below freezing. Roads look good so far. It's pretty. No ice thank goodness.

Freezing rain last night and below freezing until noon or so today. 90% of Interstates are closed. I spent 45 minutes deicing the car, getting the doors to open and the defroster working. Had to drive to the hospital where my daughter is having a minor procedure done to her eye. Mommy and I are quite nervous about our baby going under anesthesia. I've got her Peanut on me as a worry stone, though. Stay safe, everyone.

Freezing rain last night and below freezing until noon or so today. 90% of Interstates are closed. I spent 45 minutes deicing the car, getting the doors to open and the defroster working. Had to drive to the hospital where my daughter is having a minor procedure done to her eye. Mommy and I are quite nervous about our baby going under anesthesia. I've got her Peanut on me as a worry stone, though. Stay safe, everyone.
Praying for a successful operation and full recovery.

Got down to 5 degrees last night down here in the south where I live. Back up to 10 degrees this morning.

Yeah, turned bad here too, 200 people had to sleep in their cars overnight on one road in Scotland :( Gales forecast for tomorrow :eek:

Shawn, really hope everything goes well with your little girl :thumbsup:

17 degrees and light snow here. Almost balmy compared to what we've had.
Hoping for the best of outcomes for your daughter.

Best wishes for your little girl, Shawn. I know how nerve wracking that can be.

Back