"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

My cat would try a sword swallowing act on that:eek::( Being young she is full of NRJ and loves chewing wire, plastic and other horrible unfriendly things, she got hold of a packet of Feather razor blades the other day but I confiscated them before she could swallow them:eek::eek:

I was just telling Jack Black how it would be silly for me to buy another Barlow since I never use them, and here are two more. I couldn't leave my fellow Utican Kutmaster behind, and I couldn't leave the Remington (Camillus) behind either, looking so shiny and new.
htw5ufP.jpg

I was just telling Jack Black how it would be silly for me to buy another Barlow since I never use them, and here are two more. I couldn't leave my fellow Utican Kutmaster behind, and I couldn't leave the Remington (Camillus) behind either, looking so shiny and new.
htw5ufP.jpg
Can't leave those two.:thumbsup:

That's a really nice looking Canoe! Most of the nicer ones I've seen have been Solingen.

Mr Kitty approves of my Carl Schlieper stag canoe, the first canoe knife of my relatively young collection... of course he may like the edge of the wood for scratching more than the knife itself.

That knife I was going on about in the previous post turns out to be a folding mushroom knife, brush and all, not a strange new garden knife. (Midsomer Murders 19/3, 23'23")

I am on vacation next week. According to the forecast, it's going to rain every day.
Reminds me of one of my favorite lines that I use at work. Often someone will say "It's too nice out to be in here".

I sometimes reply with "Heck, if there was an F5 tornado ripping through town it would still be too nice out to be in here".

Have a great vacation, John!

I'm back to the cast iron so I thought I'd post what I cooked up in mine a couple of nights ago a NY Strip.

FIRST I SEARED IT ON THE STOVE TOP.
ex73liv.jpg

THEN I STUCK IT IN THE OVEN TO FINISH
7xqJLXZ.jpg

TOOK IT OUT OF THE OVEN AND LET IT REST A COUPLE OF MINUTES
YpMJPMN.jpg

PUT IT ON A PLATE WITH SOME BROCCOLI I HAD COOKED
2OyunZL.jpg

YUMMY!!

I really enjoyed to see the good old cast iron skillets , I appreciate and do use a few rather than teflon, same for casseroles, here my last recruit together with Will's gift, an Aubry navette with ram handles.View attachment 871080

I'm back to the cast iron so I thought I'd post what I cooked up in mine a couple of nights ago a NY Strip.

ex73liv.jpg

7xqJLXZ.jpg

YpMJPMN.jpg

2OyunZL.jpg

YUMMY!!
Great knives and cast iron pans. I see a new thread starting! :D Now that I've got a good seasoning on my little Wagner Ware #5, I'm hooked. One more reason to stop for yard sales. :):thumbsup:

ex73liv.jpg

7xqJLXZ.jpg

YpMJPMN.jpg

2OyunZL.jpg

YUMMY!!
That looks crazy good Randy! I made steaks under the broiler for the first time over Christmas last year because the wind chill here in Wisconsin was -15 and grilling was not an option. Can't go from the cooktop to the oven with plastic handles and teflon! :D

- Kevin

Wow nicely done kamagong kamagong ! :thumbsup: Just steel wool and elbow grease? I have some that need to be cleaned up like that...

- Kevin

Almost. I put them in the oven for a couple of hours at 500 °F. After the oven cools down the gunk has pretty much turned to ash. Scrub it off with some steel wool, or if dealing with more stubborn stuff you can use one of those grill cleaners they sell for BBQs. Season as needed.

Back