"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Buzzbait Buzzbait what a great looking old vintage bike.:thumbsup::cool:
I love using, riding, driving vintage things Particularly those that were made in the 50's, 60's and 70's I guess it's a nostalgic thing as those were the decades I grew up in.
Anyway my friend congratulations on an excellent score.

Last edited:
Buzzbait Buzzbait great bike. I rode a Raleigh Pro for a number of years. It took about 12 weeks to get it built and delivered from England in 1973, it was all Reynolds 531 double butted, Campy Nuevo Record, hand painted and lettered. I preferred it over the Schwinn Paramount of the day. My bike days are long over but the old steel framed bikes sure rode well.

Buzzbait Buzzbait what a great looking old vintage bike.:thumbsup::cool:
I love using, riding, driving vintage things Particularly those that were made in the 50's, 60's and 70's I guess it's a nostalgic thing as those were the decades I grew up in.
Anyway my friend congratulations on an excellent score.
No, Randy, it's just what you're accustomed to! :)

Buzzbait Buzzbait great bike. I rode a Raleigh Pro for a number of years. It took about 12 weeks to get it built and delivered from England in 1973, it was all Reynolds 531 double butted, Campy Nuevo Record, hand painted and lettered. I preferred it over the Schwinn Paramount of the day. My bike days are long over but the old steel framed bikes sure rode well.

I think that any sane individual would have taken that Raleigh over a Schwinn Paramount. What a bike!!!

ksfYLd5.jpg

Found these yesterday.
Maybe I should have passed on the Sabre with a pen instead of a sheepsfoot, but I like the long-bellied clip. The Imperial on the right is perhaps my favorite. The MOP is a Sword Brand. The peanut is 1982. If I ever win another GAW,I might GAW this peanut. I'm just not that keen on them. This is a nice one, though.

Tonight we enjoyed our first baseball game in Minnesota.

nfdwA0O.jpg

And what's a baseball game without a hot dog? :D

f02igh6.jpg
i’m going to have to try and find time to make it to a game this year, here’s some pics I took when I was watching a game at Comerica park last year.

Back