"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

PB lost my business with all their foolishness. I deleted all my photos, closed my account. Then created a server to host my own photos on, and fixed all my broken links here on BF. It was a long process, but I'm self sufficient now. Then with the updated BF layout, with a gold membership you can just upload images here now anyways.

Unfortunately had to downgrade to basic membership and its limited media upload.
This after years of gold and using free photobucket hit me hard at a time when Im lower than a snakes belly in wheelrut.
Not to worry...tried postimage and yippee.
Also noteworthy are the recent emails
welcoming me back to photobucket where Ive been missed. Too late suckers
( evil over confident snickering).

Great day for money clips. The MOP AW Wadsworth has a fat spear bearing on both springs at one end, and a pen and nail-file at the other end.
O66CZtP.jpg

Starting last weekend, I had a Cardinal outside of my basement window that could see his reflection and was constantly attacking the window/reflection. I bet he was pounding his beak against my window for at least 4 hours during the day... it's really odd behavior but it is common for male birds to do this in the spring time, I know Robins are especially aggressive and I had seen it before with them. So I tried closing the curtains and hanging up some light scattering crystals to see if that would deter him but it did not. So I spent some time researching online and found that if you cut out paper or cardboard shapes of predator birds like falcons or owls and put them in the window that it may scare the birds away from the window. Well I did one better and I think I scared off all of the Cardinal's in the neighborhood LoL... check out this creepy thing I hung in the window :eek: Just keep in mind this trick if you ever get birds attacking your window, much to my cats dismay, it worked instantly :)

OWL1.JPG OWL2.JPG

Yes its just appeared out of the blue.
So whomsoever did it
You shoudnt have:):):D
Thank you mysterious benefactor.
Dont worry I'll get to the bottom of this and they will get their just desserts :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Starting last weekend, I had a Cardinal outside of my basement window that could see his reflection and was constantly attacking the window/reflection. I bet he was pounding his beak against my window for at least 4 hours during the day... it's really odd behavior but it is common for male birds to do this in the spring time, I know Robins are especially aggressive and I had seen it before with them. So I tried closing the curtains and hanging up some light scattering crystals to see if that would deter him but it did not. So I spent some time researching online and found that if you cut out paper or cardboard shapes of predator birds like falcons or owls and put them in the window that it may scare the birds away from the window. Well I did one better and I think I scared off all of the Cardinal's in the neighborhood LoL... check out this creepy thing I hung in the window :eek: Just keep in mind this trick if you ever get birds attacking your window, much to my cats dismay, it worked instantly :)

View attachment 909331 View attachment 909332
That thing is creepy! I've had the same thing happening for a week or so. I'd be sitting in the living room, and hear something coming from the bedroom/bathroom area, like a tapping or cracking sound. When I'd go in there, I couldn't find what made the noise and was worried the foundation was settling or something. It finally happened when I was in the bathroom, and I pulled the window curtain back to find a rather angry looking male cardinal staring in the window. The curtain is dark, so it must make a reflection. Maybe I'll find one of those hawk silhouettes and stick it on the window.

We had a swimming pool at our house in Arizona, and one year a couple of ducks decided to make our pool their own personal pond (as well as their own personal bathroom). Chasing them off didn't do much good, so after a little Google research, I bought one of those inflatable alligator-shaped pool floats and just left it in the pool. Never saw the ducks again after that. (I was honestly surprised by how well it worked!)

We have a similar issue here. We have a room with sixteen windows and at least once every couple of weeks a winged kamikaze smacks into one. Most of the time they stumble around until they recover and fly off. The other day we were standing looking out one of the windows and a female cardinal crashed and fell to the ground directly in front of us. She was just sitting there gently moving her wings when a hawk rocketed in, swooped her up and carried her off into the distance. So the cats may not be the only ones you've dissapointed Kevin. :D

He maybe wanted just tell you that the feeder was empty! :D

Back