"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Beautiful pics Jtb.
Next stop boogieboards.
Or as we call them ...shark sandwiches.
Bodyguards should always be accompanied by flippers.:thumbsup::confused::D

We did a little boogie boarding, but the only day of good waves was riptides, so we stayed in the shallows. We did see a small shark, maybe 3-4 feet.

Great pics Joshua, looks like a fantastic time :) Hope the kids are better soon :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I hope so, too. Sick kids make for sad homes.

JTB_5 JTB_5 Great photos Joshua! You have a lovely family and I hope your children feel better very soon! :)

Thank you! I think they’re pretty great.

It was pretty cool. They had Winchesters, Ka-Bars, Queens, Schatts, Catts, Cases, and a bunch of others. It's a place where people can rent out spaces in a huge building and many of them had knife displays. I plan to go back when I have more time, I spent a couple of hours there and only got through about 1/4 of the stores. Tons of cool antiques to look at.
Buy the Old Catt !!!!!

Harry

not a traditional, but I'm chuffed about it anyway -- the CRK Mnandi I won in the Knife Rights Early Bird drawing arrived about 3 weeks early.
smaller than I expected, but very nice.

Man, what a great knife to win! Congratulations!

We're headed back to Santa Fe in a few weeks. One of my favorite places.
F3HYpwt.jpg

Gary, seems only fitting that you'd be carrying a GEC 66:rolleyes::D
Captain Obvious
The 66 thread was what prompted me to post this. I was looking for a picture I'd taken of a Corvette rally there some years ago. It eluded me though!

We're headed back to Santa Fe in a few weeks. One of my favorite places.
As far as populated places, it's one of my favorites too Gary. The history, architecture, the San Juan's. One of my favorite street huskers (that I follow to this day) I met in the square. A city rich in all things serendipitous. :)

Just got back from camping with my two boys. It was so nice and peaceful. Best part of camping for me is getting up early, enjoying a hot cup of strong black coffee, and listening to all the quietness...

I had a couple of different knives picked out for the trip, but when it came time to leave I couldn't leave my trusty #66 behind...

I needed something to stir my coffee with...

It even turned a big stick into a little stick...

Last edited:
Just got back from camping with my two boys. It was so nice and peaceful. Best part of camping for me is getting up early, enjoying a hot cup of strong black coffee, and listening to all the quietness...

I had a couple of different knives picked out for the trip, but when it came time to leave I couldn't leave my trusty #66 behind...

Thanks for posting this. We used to camp a lot but we’ve drifted away from it and I miss it a lot! Campfires and coffee are so peaceful! I’m glad you got to spend some quality time with your boys!

Me too. Such tranquility.
Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
It was a nice break from everything. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this. We used to camp a lot but we’ve drifted away from it and I miss it a lot! Campfires and coffee are so peaceful! I’m glad you got to spend some quality time with your boys!
I love camping but my old-er bones don't enjoy it as much as they used to. But the mornings are still the best! Thanks.

amen... sounds wonderful and looks serene....
It was very relaxing, right next to a small stream. Lulled me to sleep. Thanks.

Sounds like a great time! (Good looking Jeep, too! :thumbsup:)

I completely agree with you; the mornings are my favorite part of camping.

Back