Carothers and Guns

Well that’s not good to hear.
The last Kimber I shot had to be nearly 20 years old and it was damn near perfect.

I bought mine new almost 20 years ago. Off a bench it put 7 rounds in a 6 inch group at 100 yards which blew my mind and everybody who watched. Good trigger and reliable. Then they started cost-cutting measures such as MIM parts where they weren't appropriate. Quality and reliability went downhill. I hate to see short-sighted money grabs ruin American companies like that.

Don't get me started on the Nicholson file move to Mexico. Idiots.

I honestly don't know who makes a good bang for the buck :D 1911 today.

Tom-Tom, I don't see that on our current CA's DOJ roster. Pretty much no Wilson Combat & very little S&W in the 1911 platform. I don't have my heart set on it aside from the "cool" factor of a handgun type which I have never owned.

One would be absolutely FOOQUING CRAZY if one plays the Charles Bronson type vigilante character here in CA by (illegally) concealing a weapon on self or even a loaded one in his vehicle because if caught, one's life can certainly be turned upside down and the legal fees plus the grave consequences of losing many rights and privileges as a citizen if / when plead guilty / convicted on weapon charges. So as I had stated, mostly for enjoyment at the range for such an iconic classic. All that said though, like Nathan had stated before, if the manufacturers are watering down the product and cutting corners just to remain profitable on the less expensive 1911s, then perhaps I should just reconsider the for when I get some extra caiiish to burn if the desire is still there.

Thank you all for saving me from myself :D

^^^Actually the price for the Smith and Wesson is very reasonable for a 1911 Nowdays:eek: The 1911 has the BEST Trigger IMO:thumbsup:

OVtUfbH.jpg

q348poW.jpg

I agree with TommyGun56 TommyGun56 but if you can swing it, get a Dan Wesson. It has Carothers quality, all day performance, and really a decent price for what you get.

20180826_144935.jpg I think they have gone through different ownership over the years and their quality has come and gone some too, but I know this old beater 357 I've had kicking around for a while has worked pretty well for me

As a single action the trigger is pretty sweet. Double action not so great

^^^Actually the price for the Smith and Wesson is very reasonable for a 1911 Nowdays:eek: The 1911 has the BEST Trigger IMO:thumbsup:

A 1911 can certainly be set up to have a very good trigger, but "BEST" - that's either hyperbole, or a troll...

A 1911 can certainly be set up to have a very good trigger, but "BEST" - that's either hyperbole, or a troll...
Should have stated Non Customized triggers! I don't know of many Stock Triggers that have anything much lower than 3.5-4 LB Trigger Pull! Would love to hear your input

I bought mine new almost 20 years ago. Off a bench it put 7 rounds in a 6 inch group at 100 yards which blew my mind and everybody who watched. Good trigger and reliable. Then they started cost-cutting measures such as MIM parts where they weren't appropriate. Quality and reliability went downhill. I hate to see short-sighted money grabs ruin American companies like that.

Don't get me started on the Nicholson file move to Mexico. Idiots.

I honestly don't know who makes a good bang for the buck :D 1911 today.
That’s impressive!
I probably wouldn’t even hit the damn target at 100 yards!

Should have stated Non Customized triggers! I don't know of many Stock Triggers that have anything much lower than 3.5-4 LB Trigger Pull! Would love to hear your input

Most of my old S&W revolvers have a single action pull weight much less than 3.5 lbs. Or were you only talking about semi-auto pistols?

Back