Carothers and Guns

I love my 1991 Gen 2 G19. It’s stock except for the Meprolight night sights, a butt plug, and replacing the spring and guide rods. I have no problem at all with the trigger, I guess I’m just use to it.

q73QqEY.jpg

Last edited:
I’m a huge 9mm AND 45acp fan. They both serve different purposes for me. My full-size HK45 with +P Federal HST’s is my nightstand gun but I carry a P30 or P30SK in 9mm for reasons previously stated (capacity). I would (and have) gladly purchase a new .45 like my HK45c but it isn’t my preferred carry round anymore just based on size, recoil, and capacity.

as far as glocks.. I own 2 19’s, could take them or leave them. Had a Gen4 23 in .40 and absolutely loathed it.

Last edited:
My wear and tear gun is a Walther P99. First round is DA if you have decocked it (or any round after decocking). My particular version is the AS model (which stands for anti stress). I can assure you the AS trigger is not a gimmick, and is very smooth in spite of being a polymer gun. I shoot this particular pistol better than any gun I've ever owned or handled, which brings me to a point,

The gun you shoot the best and enjoy the most will become your wear and tear piece (I'm avoiding the term beater, my thoughts on that being the same as Chad's above). If you don't like the gun, it won't get much use/wear and tear. I would recommend finding the gun you love to drive like a rented Mustang. Then drive it!

^ agreed, wear & tear is a much better term than beater or even worse one I had used: trasher :rolleyes:

Chad's take was very helpful to me in addition to my own reservations about the decocker and the slide release being swapped over in CZ vs that Sig. Therefore I will either be looking for something else or even better: I will make the in-the-process-of-being-tricked-out CZ 75 P-01 my wear & tear one in lieu of say a future CZ Shadow 2 :D

Last edited:
I love my 1991 Gen 2 G19. It’s stock except for the Meprolight night sights, a butt plug, and replacing the spring and guide rods. I have no problem at all with the trigger, I guess I’m just use to it.

q73QqEY.jpg
On the plus side, if you train to the point of being good with a stock Glock trigger (or better yet, the loooooong and heavy DA pull of a GP100) and an OEM AR trigger, being good with any other trigger is a cakewalk.:D

Everyone of my guns is an upgraded trigger at 4# or less, all of my sights are TFX and my ARs all rock red dots with MBT2s. I tried to normalize my whole platform. To each their own but everyone of my guns is right where I like them from my P10c to my M&P 2.0 to my 1911..... and all my ARs

I'm at work, so no pics. My normal EDC is a Surefire backup mv, a flipper (right now a ZT0900) and a Sig P365 (with a tool steel firing pin). If I'm feeling classy, I swap the Sig for a Colt DS. If I'm feeling frisky, I swap to a Smith 696. The 696 is a bit heavy, but dang it's accurate.

At some point, I have to time it right and finally get one of Nathan's EDCs. Surely I can't keep missing them. Right?

I'm at work, so no pics. My normal EDC is a Surefire backup mv, a flipper (right now a ZT0900) and a Sig P365 (with a tool steel firing pin). If I'm feeling classy, I swap the Sig for a Colt DS. If I'm feeling frisky, I swap to a Smith 696. The 696 is a bit heavy, but dang it's accurate.

At some point, I have to time it right and finally get one of Nathan's EDCs. Surely I can't keep missing them. Right?

Nathan is done with the EDC pattern for the time being. They do however show up on the Exchanges for reasonable amounts. You may wanna consider the next smaller CPK pattern coming soon: the DEK1 :)

I DONT WANT a detachable mag. They're more expensive with a blind mag for some reason.

What’s the average price difference between the two different feeding platforms? But I think that stands to reason because most of these detachable mags systems are less elaborate and therefore less expensive to manufacture than the other magazine type, no?

When I had the hots for a rifle, I was also going to settle on a Tikka as many other attest to what Kyle said: best factory rifle outta box. I am still thinking about getting a Tikka T3X CTR maybe in the distant future!

q73QqEY.jpg
I cut my teeth on Glocks, still own 4 and am still a fan of .40 cal. I don’t mind the 9 but I’ve shot a lot of things, to include animals, with both and I prefer the .40.
I own and enjoy 9’s, 40’s, 357’s, and 45’s. I sold off the other centerfire pistol calibers because they never left the safe.
The 9’s and 40’s get used the most and that leads to another benefit of the Glock platform that is something that some people loathe, a Glock,is a Glock, is a Glock. There’s no real difference between carrying or shooting either caliber which means that I can change it up when I feel like it with no deficiencies in training.
After using the loved by many and loathed by countless polymer wonder gun for close to 30 years it has become my benchmark for reliability. I find accuracy to be excellent in all the ones that I’ve owned, and after countless thousands of rounds- I like the trigger.

Back