Carothers and Guns

Deadly Duo :cool:
duWJNNy.jpg

Last edited:
It seems like the .22LR drought might finally be over. The price seems it might be permanently higher but they've been in stock regularly for a while now.. finally! I have a 10/22 in pieces from working on some basic upgrades a couple years ago that I might actually bother finishing now.

It seems like the .22LR drought might finally be over. The price seems it might be permanently higher but they've been in stock regularly for a while now.. finally! I have a 10/22 in pieces from working on some basic upgrades a couple years ago that I might actually bother finishing now.

I noticed this too not too long ago. I was bebopping thru WallyWorld and had to do a double-take...what's that? .22's on the shelf? In the front display case?! That whole feeding frenzy (that lasted how many YEARS??) still baffles me.

I noticed this too not too long ago. I was bebopping thru WallyWorld and had to do a double-take...what's that? .22's on the shelf? In the front display case?! That whole feeding frenzy (that lasted how many YEARS??) still baffles me.

It was a weird thing for sure. The zombies are nigh.. must stock more tiny bullets!

It may just be a little too early for me to be facing the day but I keep cracking up when I read 'bebopping'. I keep saying it out loud. Gypsy's looking at me like I'm dumb, what does she know though. It's a fun word.

As long as you keep bebopping, it's magical!

Look at that time stamp! Seems to me like someone in Sidney Iowa was having a good Time with both Leather and some Whiskey (maybe?) Krafting his passion :p

.357 sig rocks. Especially Underwood Ammo. True .357 Mag ballistics and then some

.357 sig rocks. Especially Underwood Ammo. True .357 Mag ballistics and then some

:thumbsup: I agree Mark! I haven’t tried the real hot rounds like the Underwood. I need to give them a try. I carry the Speer Gold Dot 125 Grain JHP.

Last edited:
I had a .357 Sig H&K USP Compact.. I wasn't sad to need to quit finding rounds for it but man that thing shot nice. .357 Sig is not a round I'd like to try and practice with much though. It shoots like a dream but suffers from the same faults as the 10mm. Sucky branding, recognition, and availability. Sucks that the happy medium the shooting world settled on was the .40. :rolleyes:

Nathan - this is ridiculous! What an awesome pairing. Wish I could justify the expense for a Thompmson in the original configuration!

I don't know much about them. I do know it's heavy, has a horrendous trigger and doesn't have the best range or accuracy and pound for pound it's fantastically outclassed by a modern AR platform for most uses. And while a conversion is straight forward this specimen is semi auto only and I'm not messing with that. I have little use for it other than a conversation piece but my father acquired it when he was a young man so it has some sentimental value. It's reliable and a handy size so I keep it loaded but unchambered and it leans in the corner in the closet. It does fire the same round as my Kimber, so there is that...

The full auto originals were popular in the US and I have seen a lot of them currently occupying display cases on the walls at local PD and Sheriff's departments. Old technology but cool. Slow cyclic rate of fire compared to a lot of full auto guns. But that 45ACP cartridge is awesome and sure is a fun nostalgic gun to shoot. Would set you back at least 20K last I checked for an original legal full auto variant here. Have a lot of sidearms chambered in this cartridge but never a sub gun...

Back